• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your opinion on Yoga

Dan

I will never forget that faithful experience. I had just completed Street fighter 2 with my favorite character Dhal... er Indian guy which breathes fire and has stretchy limbs. I really loved his fighting style, so much so that I had inspiration to learn it myself. I was overjoyed when I saw a poster up at my local club that had yoga classes going on. My heart sank to the floor when I went inside to see-

nurs_content_460762.png

I was told that Yoga isn't actually a fighting style that allows you to teleport and stretch your limbs(I was quite young at the time_ ,it is in fact a way of controlling both your mind and body. I tried it out but found it quite dull.

The topic of yoga came up again quite recently and I thought back to that silly childhood memory, and recall how terrible I found yoga. What about you guys what's your opinion on Yoga?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
My mom teaches yoga classes several times a week and also does it every morning she doesn't teach a class, so I've kind of grown a respect for it. While I do prefer my taking karate, and don't like DOING yoga very much, the idea of it is fine.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i do a little when i need to exercise some humility. ****'s really hard.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I will never forget that faithful experience. I had just completed Street fighter 2 with my favorite character Dhal... er Indian guy which breathes fire and has stretchy limbs. I really loved his fighting style, so much so that I had inspiration to learn it myself. I was overjoyed when I saw a poster up at my local club that had yoga classes going on. My heart sank to the floor when I went inside to see-

nurs_content_460762.png

I was told that Yoga isn't actually a fighting style that allows you to teleport and stretch your limbs(I was quite young at the time_ ,it is in fact a way of controlling both your mind and body. I tried it out but found it quite dull.

The topic of yoga came up again quite recently and I thought back to that silly childhood memory, and recall how terrible I found yoga. What about you guys what's your opinion on Yoga?

Yoga is something I have tried once. I took one of my mums yoga books from the shelf and attempted some of the positions. I don't know what possessed me to do it but I did. Needless to say my yoga session didn't last long.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I was told that Yoga isn't actually a fighting style that allows you to teleport and stretch your limbs(I was quite young at the time_ ,it is in fact a way of controlling both your mind and body. I tried it out but found it quite dull
Then how am I punching you through the computer right now?

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
If yoga isn't making you breathe fire and teleport, you aren't yoging hard enough. I generally consider yoga a warm up exercise, but then, I don't try the harder positions which could be considered a full work out.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've tried yoga a few times, but it was never something I could get into. I honestly found it boring, but I respect the people who can do some of those formations. They're actually quite difficult.

I do beginners yoga on a dvd (not as often as I should) sometimes and it does in fact put you in a calmer state of mind even if you don't believe in the spiritual side of it. You are tensing and relaxing your muscles.

Ever heard someone tell you to take deep breaths to calm down when your mad? It does work. I try to do it before I get into one of my Yosemite Sam style tantrums and it has helped me manage my bad temper.

Tai Chi has similar calming effects and is good for the flexibility of your body and joints, same as yoga.

A friend of mine once described them as Meditation Through Motion and I like that description. It fits beautifully.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I completed all the Yoga excercises in Wii Fit when I was about 11. My goal was to 5-star them. I got 2 stars in most of them. That's the extent of my yoga-ing.

I like watching yoga though sometimes. Depends on who's doing it.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I tried yoga once when I was in my early teens and it was just okay. I could tell it wasn't really for me, but I have some respect for people who actually do yoga on a regular basis since they get into these crazy postures sometimes.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day

nurs_content_460762.png

WOW. THANKS FOR SPOILING THE ENDING. I was doing Wii Fit training to become like the Wii Fit trainer and shoot energy balls from my spirit gut, but now I don't see any point to getting to end game. But thanks for saving me the time. This is a disappointing ending. I feel cheated and lied to.

In all seriousness, I do a little bit of yoga watching youtube videos and what not. I find it's a good way to de-stress.

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom