• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion on the First Three Zeldas

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I was looking today for offers on ebay that include the first two Zelda games (for the GBA) and the thir Zelda game (including Four Swords, for the GBA).
I approximately have 95-100 dollars, and the three Zelda games will most probably cost me 60 dollars, and the first two Zelda games (LOZ and AOL) will probably cost me 40 dollars.

So, what are your opinios on these games? Are they worth the money? Should I definitely buy them? Why? Why not?

Djinn

and Tonic
I would definitely recommend LttP. It is a little more action oriented than the other handhelds but otherwise it is a very well rounded game. It is still one of my favorites of all the Zelda titles.

The original LoZ, while I personally like it, it would seriously depend on you taste for old 8-bit games. For anyone who started out on OoT and after it will appear to be incredibly primitive. It lacks a story and any characterization, it is simply an adventure involving Link. However it is also a very challenging game that still includes a lot of secrets and is like LttP more action oriented with fewer puzzles. Like an RPG you will start out with no real abilities and tiny attack power but the game will become more fun over time.

The second, I actually would not recommend. It is a very long and involved game with a lot to offer. But it is very hard and way too frustrating to continue playing for a lot of people. Simply looking for the first candle frustrates enough people to quit the game for good.

I think you should try here http://www.playnesflashgames.com/ and get a feel for how these play first before putting any money towards them. You might get an idea of what you are getting into. And then decide, remember that both NES Zelda games are very long games for the era they were made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom