• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Feelings on Skyward So Far

I feel Skyward Sword is a beautiful game with amazing artwork designs. Also some characters have grown on me for example *SPOILER* the godess sword, Fi. Towards the end she gives an emotinal speech that I began to tear up and ran out of the room. Yes I know pretty pathetic, but anyway, what are your feelings on the game so far?

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I feel Skyward Sword is a beautiful game with amazing artwork designs. Also some characters have grown on me for example *SPOILER* the godess sword, Fi. Towards the end she gives an emotinal speech that I began to tear up and ran out of the room. Yes I know pretty pathetic, but anyway, what are your feelings on the game so far?

This game was well thought out. Nintendo really thought up a reall great story for this game, i mean *SPOILER ALLERRRT* when Groose has that drammatic change from being a bully to a carring gentlemen who actually helps you big time in the game when trying to defeat "The Imprisioned" for the 3rd time.

And the ending like you said was very touching indeed. When Fi gave link her final words it felt as if Fi was trying to tell Link she "Liked" him. i know this isnt true, but thats how i thought when she was talking. I think Link started to like her as a freind in the last parts of the game because he looked really sad when he found out he wouldnt get to see Fi anymore....but that just my opinion.

The artwork....dont even get me started about how beautiful this game is. The watercolor effects mixed with the Wind Waker cartoon affect and Twilight Princess realistic effect really complimented the characters very nicely. Zelda, Link, Impa, and even the Gorrons looked the best in this game than in any other game ive played(IMO).
Zelda- i loved her hair it was different, took me a while to like it but after i got used to it; it was pretty nice.
Link- I like this look on link alot. makes him seem real yet not too real...his tunic was pretty cool i just wished it would have looked alot more like Twilight Princess's tunic. other than that i loved Link. His eyes were amazing<3....
Impa- she looked very mysterious in the game. Much like a Sheikah's attitude. but she looked a WHOLE lot better than the Impa in Ocarina of Time. She is by-far the best.
Gorrons- They just seemed more alive than the gorrons in Twilight Princess, but i wish that there was a town with alot of them in it; instead of just 2 of them roaming around. the gorron didnt look as mean as they did in TP, but the art-style just looked amazing on all charaters. (IMO)

Last edited:

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Well, I have mixed feelings on it, some of it bad feelings. First of all, it is sort of hard for me to actually get into it/enjoy it sometimes. The reason why is because of a few things (besides the fact that I'm not any where near my Wii for a long time before I get to use it). One thing is the motion controls. For me, it is really hard to understand how people like the motion controls. In my opinion, I don't really like it. I rather the game had the controls like Twilight Princess had. The motion control is suppose to be the key to beating this game, yet for me it really screws up a lot. For the first few minutes, the Wii MotionPlus actually accurately records your movements and actually performs them exactly (or like 90%-99% correctly) in the game. But then after that, it screws up. It is not accurate anymore. For example, sometimes when I move it right, the sword moves left (or some other direction other than right). And that really sucks, especially when I'm trying to defeat an enemy (*cough* skulltulla *cough*). Another thing I have a bad feeling for is the controls (besides the motion controls). I'm used to just moving the analog stick (or whatever it is called) on the nunchunk to make Link run then press the "a" button to make Link do a roll (it makes it seem similar like the controls in OoT and OoT 3D). But in Skyward Sword, some stuff is different which throws the controls off for me. I hate using the "a" button to run (especially since I have an energy bar or something) and moving the nunchunk just to roll. I rather have it be similar to TP and OoC controls. Another thing I have bad feelings for is the shield upgrading system. That just really bugs me. In the other Zelda games, we just get like 2 or 3 shields and we can choose which one to use without the worry of losing/breaking them (unless we encounter a like like or a deku shield burns but that's about it). In Skyward Sword, your shield has a limit untill it breaks and then you lose it. And then you have to buy another one and upgrade it, and blah blah blah! I just don't like it. And now we get to the graphics...well, they're alright. I can live with them. Although I do prefer the graphics in TP, but these graphics are still alright. Not that much to complain. And now that I named all my bad feelings, it is time to announce my good feelings. The story line is good (i'm still somewhat in the beginning though) and the characters are cool. The puzzles are challenging, which is cool (yet I still have to finish the first dungeon). And the intro was awesome.

So in general, I have a hard time getting into the game. I don't think it is the new best Legend of Zelda game either. But it is an alright game. It is still kind of good in my opinion. But I don't feel that it deserves a 10/10 (ign.com anyone?). But nor do I feel it deserves a 7.5 (Gamespot, I'm looking at you). I feel it deserves between an 8 and a 9.5 in my opinion.

So, this is what I feel about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword so far. Remember, these are just my opinions, as you may have different (ign anyone, again? No?...Never mind).

For the most part, I loved it. The only thing I didn't really like was that some parts of the game felt like filler to me, such as the search for the three dragons. But again, that's just me. The game had a very intriguing story, and I always really wanted to find out what happened next. (That's probably why some areas felt like filler, I just wanted to get on with the story.) *SPOILER WARNING*To be honest, it's the first Zelda game that's made me cry. When I saw Link's little sob after Zelda sealed herself away, I felt exactly how he felt. *SPOILER OVER* I really hope Nintendo keeps making games with this good of a storyline. And as for everything else, the music was phenomenal, the dungeons and bosses were great, the graphics were pretty, the controls worked well, and I had fun playing it. It definitely joins my top three Zelda's, right up there with Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

VaatiWindMage24

Majoras Mask 3ds!!!!
i honestly love this game a ton so far! right now im exactly after lanayru silent realm, like i beat it, then the game messed up and now i gotta send it to nintendo, get it repaired, then do it allllllll over again....but i know i can do it although i almost got a heart attack during the silent realms XD.
.......anyways back on topic.....
i seriously believe this game is almost perfect, it has a prologue that isnt too short, nor too long like twilight prinesses', the enemies can be both simple and challenging (ex. deku babas (hate those things sooo much in this game) and the dungeons are a tad easy but can also seriously confuse you, the character design i honestl dont care about, i mean some of the chhar. designs like like groose and his cohorts are alittle weird looking, but i mean nothings perfect am i right? and the graphics are great in my opinion, its pretty much a wind waker twilight princess mixture inn which they still are realistic but also have interesting cartoon like details such as the colors.the battle system is cool the only flaw in my opinion is rupees....there are no purple rupees and orange and silver rupees are very hard to find so its hard to make and spend money on those handy items. i would give skyward sword a 9.5/10, great job nintendo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom