• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your anime preferences

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I was thinking about the different kinds of anime out there, and I notice that my taste differs a lot from my friends. Most of my friends like the more serious shows like Attack on Titan and Death Note, while I enjoy lighter shows like Sailor Moon or FLCL.

I'd say I'm a fan of the funnier animes, leaning towards shoujo. I do appreciate the more serious ones with deeper messages, as long as they stick to a pretty laid back format. That probably explains why Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime of all time.

So what kind of anime do you like?

(Sorry if a thread like this has been created before :P )

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like a mix really. I enjoy a more serious anime such as Death Note or Mirai Nikki, they are some of my favourites but after watching something like that I dont want to move on to another one with a serious or engaging plot. I like to break things up with a more comedic anime with lots of fanservice such as Rosario+Vampire.

Misty

Ronin
I like the serious kind really. Like, I don't mind if a bit of levity is tossed in from time to time so long as it makes sense, but even the lightest things on my anime stack tend towards being serious and thematically challenging. I get pretty bored otherwise. Like I snored through the first seven episodes of Toradora because it was just too fluffy. Not to say I haven't watched some really ****e, fluffy anime, I've had my tour of the romance genre looking for the perfect weapon to punish my brother with and I'm always looking for something to itch the scratch left by Kare Kano and Spice and Wolf. (He tricked me into agreeing to watch all of School Days, which I did because my word is my bond, and I've been punishing him ever since...one romance anime at a time.)

But in general, if I'm watching it and enjoying it, it is serious bizness. Tbf, I also have basically drawn the curtains on anime at this point. I've seen most of the canon and unless it is Free! or Tokyo Ghoul or a part of the Bakemonogatari series, I'm retired from anime. I have another series that I'll pick up when it hits dvd to enjoy (Neon Genesis), but otherwise I'm really only describing old habits.

I pretty much like all anime(except for the later Pokemon movies/seasons), but I prefer more serious anime and also I usually only watch the english/german dubbed ones

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I like a mix really. I enjoy a more serious anime such as Death Note or Mirai Nikki, they are some of my favourites but after watching something like that I dont want to move on to another one with a serious or engaging plot. I like to break things up with a more comedic anime with lots of fanservice such as Rosario+Vampire.
Noooo!!! The Rosario+Vampire anime is a complete piss take. The manga is way way way better, the anime leaves out nearly ****ing everything it's like if the Harry Potter movies had him going to Hogwarts and then the rest of it was a harem. Literally the final 90% of the second season of the manga is completely left out and the final 70% of the first season too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Noooo!!! The Rosario+Vampire anime is a complete piss take. The manga is way way way better, the anime leaves out nearly ****ing everything it's like if the Harry Potter movies had him going to Hogwarts and then the rest of it was a harem. Literally the final 90% of the second season of the manga is completely left out and the final 70% of the first season too.

I found that out after reading the manga, but having watched the show first I never had that disappointment which manga readers would have gotten coming first from manga then to anime.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I found that out after reading the manga, but having watched the show first I never had that disappointment which manga readers would have gotten coming first from manga then to anime.
Okay lol at least you read the manga. You couldn't imagine my disappointment when my favourite manga at the time, which to this day holds a special place in my heart, being one of the first series I ever watched/read and also the first series I followed regularly until completion, was getting an anime adaptation and my excitement was built up to its max only to find out its complete ****.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started

C'mon, Jamie, the #1 rule in anime is that you don't watch Rosario+Vampire for the story.
5a6720801327b03ece870edec12fe4a430a226bc_hq.gif
tumblr_mqtamqCLUa1sb6jsdo1_r1_500.gif
rosario0401wg0.gif
biPPL.jpg

Lanky Kong

borf
I mostly watch anime for over the top action, stuff like JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Gurren Lagann, and Kill La Kill.

For me it's really a mixed bag, I love Dragon Ball Z, Attack on Titan, and Death Note. On the other hand, I love Hetalia, and Osomatsu-san, so really I just like Anime in general XD

Refurbished

Adventuring
Don't watch much anime these days. But I enjoy Romance, Action, Mystery, Mecha, Horror. I mostly read manga.

For me it depends on if I'm watching with someone else or not. When I watch an anime with someone else, it's normally something like Attack on Titan and Death Note. If it's something I'm watching myself, it's stuff like Sailor Moon and No Game No Life.

Feverish

Source of stink
I mostly watch shonen anime, but I also really like horror and psychological anime like Another and Death Parade. I've seen a few comedy ones but I tend to get bored of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom