• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox360 Rim Scratches

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
My xbox was moved while i was playing black ops and now is unable to read it and has deep rim scratches. It is being read as a dvd. I was just wondering if anybody had any solutions or fixes for this problem?:kawaii:

Sadly, there is no solution as far as I know. I've only had one rim scratch, and it was already on the game (Modern Warfare 2) when I bought it so I was able to return it. Looks like you might have to buy a new copy of Black Ops:(

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have no idea how you would get that fixed. Luckily for me, if I ever need, a local game store has their own disc cleaner. Possessional grade thing too. But all I can say is next time you think about moving your Xbox at all, make sure no disc is in it, or at the very least make sure it is OFF!

I know this isn't really much use as your disc is already unreadable... but it could help in future. The same thing happened to me some time ago. My Xbox 360 was scratching my discs and apparently its not at all an uncommon problem. If you have your Xbox stood upright, apparently you are much more likely to experience damage to your discs because the disc isn't secure in the tray.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't know how you can fix it, so use the other people's advice there. But I do know that placing the system on its side should prevent most damage like that. Vertical consoles are really just a gimmick and you're actually much better off placing them horizontally instead. That way the system will last longer and the disks will last longer. Because a vertical placement puts more strain on the disks and makes them prone to falling off the trays.

There is a method to repair discs using toothpaste...

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-Video-Game-Disk-with-White-Toothpaste

I personally wouldn't use this method though... I would be too afraid to do more damage to the disc. I'd be more inclined to take it to a shop that does disc repairs.

Edit: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/geeks-weigh-in-can-you-fix-a-scratched-cd-with-toothpaste-nb/

That link offers a slightly better explanation as to how it works. I still would be a little hesitant to use this method though...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Take the disc to a shop for repairs. If they can't repair it, you'll have to buy a new Black Ops.

Information on the Circular Scratch:
The Xbox 360, no matter what model (slim, original, etc) WILL eat your discs should you move it while playing. It's one of the things that just happens, and the reason why it happens is because there are no disc locks to keep the game in place. If you have a PS2, GameCube, or the original Xbox, you'll see that you have to snap the disc in place. That's so the game doesn't fly out and scratch itself.

TO PREVENT YOUR DISCS FROM GETTING THE CIRCULAR SCRATCH: place your Xbox 360 in an area where it would be almost impossible to move it. Keep it away from running children, but don't have it so high as to risk it falling down. Also, don't have the box standing up, leave it on it's side. Neither side will completely stop the disc from scratching, but leaving it horizontal will make it less prone from tipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom