• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microsoft Xbox One Starting to be Discontinued

The Xbox One X and Xbox One S all Digital Editions have been discontinued. That leaves only the Xbox One S model that can play physical media.

It makes sense that Microsoft starts to wind down the generation as the Xbox Series X is on the horizon but I honestly didn't expect them to discontinue Xbox One models until after Christmas for one last holiday push, but I guess they really want to focus almost completely on Xbox Series X.

What are your thoughts on this? If you haven't picked up on Xbox One this generation, do you see yourself buying one before it's discontinued completely or would you rather wait for Xbox Series X to see if that potentially interests you?

Mido

Version 1
This is interesting news. I've toyed with the idea of potentially going after an Xbox One X at some point, so it's a little bit of a bummer that there will be a discontinuation. I currently don't play to go after a Series X for a long time, if at all. At the same time, I suppose it's money saved since I already own an original model. It should be interesting to see how this will affect initial Series X sales when the day arrives.

This is funny to me because MS have said there'll be no exclusoves on the Series X for two years after launch, but then at the same time they discontinue the current consoles that can play the new games.

Kind of a bit backhanded, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom