• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Writing Contest #4 Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Hey, ZDers. Archangel bringing you Story Competition #4, or if you wish to call it Writing Contest #4, then that works too. Anyway, it took a while for me to post this, and for that I apologize, but I just got a little busy with stuff. Furthermore, I was thinking about what I wanted to bring you for the next contest, and I did come up with something that I hope you like. In my own opinion, it will give us more options, and I like experimenting with new stuff anyway. ^^

Well, you know me; I don't like beating around the bush. Here is what you should know for the contest.

The themes for this competition are the following, and you must include at least three (one from each section: 1-3, A-C, and X-Z) for your submission:

1. Fantasy Style (Means you will have to write your story based in a fantasy world, either already existent, like Middle Earth, or create your own)
2. Real World (You have to base your story in our real world)
3. Dream World (As weird as it sounds, yeah, your story has to take place within a dream)

A. Swords and Magic (Your story has to feature swords and magic)
B. Pistols and Axes (Your story has to feature pistols and axes)
C. Lances and weapon of your choice (Your story has to feature lances and any weapons of your choice)

X. Knights and Dragons (Your story has to feature knights and dragons)
Y. Demons and Royalty (Your story has to feature demons, and royalty, such as a king, queen, etc.
Z. Student/Scholar and Peasants (Your story has to feature a student/Scholar and peasants)

1. So, write a story featuring three things from the above lists. Remember, you have to select one from each batch/list.

2. 1000 characters is the word limit for this one, but if you feel you must go over that at least by 500 or so words, then go ahead. Stories over the 1500 characters will not be considered for competition. Also, the limit means your story has to reach that 1000 number at least; you cannot hand in stories shorter than that. If you wanna give a title to your story, the title does not count as part of that word limit, so feel free to give your story a title if you so desire.

3. Contest starts now and ends Saturday, 30th of August 2014. Anything submitted after midnight of the due date will not be eligible for participation. So avoid a setback and submit in time. No exceptions.

4. PM me and only me your entry. I will take care of setting everything up for voting. Don't post the story here either, or elsewhere. If you post it, you will be disqualified.

5. Remember to stick to ZD/DGN's main forum rules when you write your stories.

Good luck, and have fun writing your story. If you have any questions, you can ask here or pm/vm me and I will clear up any doubts.

By the way, yes, you gotta make your sign up official either here or send me a pm so I can know of your participation. ~Archangel

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I have a busy schedule right now, but I'll try to get up a submission before the deadline. It should be fun with all the variety and I hope I can find enough time to write something. c:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I'm in, time permitting. I think I might already have an idea floating around too...

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Okay, good to have you all onboard. :yes: Let me just also add that you are welcomed to use as many of those choices as you'd like. It's not mandatory that you use them all, just one from each section, but do feel free to include as many as you want.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Good to have you guys in this as well. :yes: I don't know if I will get to submit something. I didn't submit a thing for the Poem contest, so I'll see how it goes for this one.

Edit/Added info

I'll probably post the voting poll either tonight if I can find the time, or tomorrow. Sorry for the long wait...busy with so much stuff. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom