• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Would Releasing Zelda Wii U Sometime This Year Be a Good Idea?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is just a quick question that I want to ask you all to see were everybody else's heads are at. Should Zelda Wii U be release sometime this year or next year? I personally think releasing it this year would be going to fast, as much as I want to play the game I don't want it to turn out crappy because it was rushed. A game like Zelda Wii U is promised to be takes time to perfect. So is it a good or bad idea on nintendo's part for setting a projected release date that is rapidly going to come to an end?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It was never releasing this year, it would detract attention from Hyrule warriors.
Next year is good. They have been making it since SS, which was out in 2011, when 2015 comes it will be a game four years in the making which is perfectly adequate time to make a great game. They made MM in a year, they spent too long on SS, the game was good, but not good to the point where I felt the 5 year development was time well spent. There are better games than SS that took much less time.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well they've already made it clear it's going to be 2015, but maybe you're talking hypothetically?

It would be great to get the game earlier than expected for sure, but we have to look at the bigger picture here. This game is probably going to be the most ambitious and expansive game in the series and Nintendo needs time. I think we have to respect the fact that great games aren't to be rushed.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well they've already made it clear it's going to be 2015, but maybe you're talking hypothetically?

It would be great to get the game earlier than expected for sure, but we have to look at the bigger picture here. This game is probably going to be the most ambitious and expansive game in the series and Nintendo needs time. I think we have to respect the fact that great games aren't to be rushed.

Well no, I actually read an article that said the game might come out this year, somehow that crept into my mind as I wrote this even though I know its not possible. My whole point is Zelda Wii U needs time, even the projected date of 2015 is sort of wishful thinking. I was trying to ask you all is if it was a good or bad idea for nintendo to say 2015 when the game probably won't come out that soon. Its like SS all over again, it was supposed to come out in 2010, it didn't come out until 2011, and late 2011 at that.

I'm trying to say did nintendo make a mistake by giving us a date that will soom approach when a game like zelda Wii U shouldn't be rushed?

Salem

SICK
How about they released only 2 hours worth of the game this year, reduce the price only when people complain about it, and then release the rest of the game next year?

Wait, that sounds familiar....

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
For now, they've already confirmed a 2015 release, though, personally, I think they'll end up changing that where the game doesn't release until Holiday 2016 just like they did with TP.

The fact of the matter is that Nintendo NEEDS this game out in 2015. The Wii U, albeit it is slowly gaining speed, is still struggling a little bit in sales. They need to get a big game out like Zelda U by 2015. If they can hit us with big release after big release i.e Smash, Splatoon, Yoshi's Wolly World, and Zelda U, we'll see a definite improvment in hardware sales. And Zelda U will hopefully keep that speed going.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The fact of the matter is that Nintendo NEEDS this game out in 2015. The Wii U, albeit it is slowly gaining speed, is still struggling a little bit in sales. They need to get a big game out like Zelda U by 2015. If they can hit us with big release after big release i.e Smash, Splatoon, Yoshi's Wolly World, and Zelda U, we'll see a definite improvment in hardware sales. And Zelda U will hopefully keep that speed going.

Really? I had no idea that the Wii U was getting popular at all, I don't think it'll be able to compete with the Xbox one or PS4. Though maybe all the releases of popular titles, like you said, might boosts the sales a bit for the Wii U, but let's face it the Wii U just won't be popular like other consoles. I only hope that when its time for new consoles again that nintendo waits for microsoft to throw out something so they can analyse it, and make a better console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom