• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

worst zelda music

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Twilight Princess has some of the worst music, I think. The Twilight Realm bgm is ear-gratingly bad. I think that's probably the worst of it, though. Zelda as a series doesnt really have much bad music. At the very least, it might not be totally memorable in some games, but usually that's the worst you could say.

kikwi_lopsa

give me the cucco nuggets
Twilight Princess has some of the worst music, I think. The Twilight Realm bgm is ear-gratingly bad. I think that's probably the worst of it, though. Zelda as a series doesnt really have much bad music. At the very least, it might not be totally memorable in some games, but usually that's the worst you could say.
for me i find it more creepy but yes i also find it pretty bad

The theme for the Crown Dungeon in Oracle of Ages. I can't think of any Zelda game with any soundtrack I would consider bad overall, but that single track from Ages is downright repugnant.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd say one of the most irritating themes to me in Zelda is the Mabe Village theme. The plunking of a toy piano (or whatever it is) is just bad, in my opinion. Kind of unfortunate since LA has excellent music otherwise.

Also, as I've listened to SS's soundtrack over time, I find it to be largely generic. Not bad, but reminiscent of standard Disney movie fare, with very few exceptions. The Skyloft theme, Ballad of the Goddess, and maybe Gate of Time music are great. But little else is memorable.

Skyward Sword has the worst music IMO.

The only decent themes are the Island in the Sky theme and Skymoft theme. Everything else is bland and unmemorable.

I also don't like how goofy the music for field bosses in BotW sounds. Fighting a Hinox should sound epic, not goofy.

Tough, tough question. Almost every Zelda game has amazing music. But when I think about the least memorable it has to be Phantom Hourglass. Both The Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks have amazing music. Phantom Hourlgass, on the other hand, falls flat. The only theme from PH that really strikes me as being somewhat decent is the final Bellum battle but even that isn't as good as other final boss themes in Zelda.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I think it's pretty hard to point at one game's ost and say yes this is the worst one
For me personally though I hate botw's battle theme. It started out fine but the loudest part is so grating to me
I also kind of dislike some of the more ethereal tracks in majoras mask

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
four swords w/o a doubt has the most unremarkable soundtrack, but while some games have songs that I dislike, I don't think I'd call any of their soundtracks bad overall, just four swords if anything

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
four swords w/o a doubt has the most unremarkable soundtrack, but while some games have songs that I dislike, I don't think I'd call any of their soundtracks bad overall, just four swords if anything
doesn't four swords have village of the blue maiden restored? I'm pretty fond of that track, but it might be FSA

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
As I have said multiple times, BotW didn’t have music. It had random flourishes that sounded like someone dropped a cat on a piano.

Also the twilight realm has some of the worst music ever, the twilight beast battle theme alone sounds like some 3 year old with asthma just learned what an electric keyboard was and started mashing his hands on it.

Homer Simpson Beast Ganon music from Twilight Princess comes to mind.

Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job. Get a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom