• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World of Final Fantasy is better than Pokemon.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Yes, I said it.

World of Final Fantasy is probably one of my favorite FF games of all time, if not one of my favorite video games of all time. When it comes to FF, for me a lot of their games are hit or miss. This one is definitely a hit.

The story is incredible; leaving me in tears at certain moments. The gameplay and task of capturing mirages is addicting and satisfying.

In my opinion, next gen Pokemon games should be more like World of FF. Minus the stacking feature perhaps, but I like how in this game you can give your mirages custom abilities. Any mirage can use any elemental ability no matter what as long as you have a custom slot on their mirage boards.

The possibilities in this game feel endless. And the postgame is just as fun as the main game.

So for those of you who have played these games, how would you compare the two?

You have terrible taste and arent allowed to play video games ever again...

Nah, just kidding. I want to play World of Final Fantasy, i liked the demo and the FF franchise needs a win since its done nothing but disappoint me since FFX-2.

Im on the fence though. Story is most important in a video game for me, i cant bring myself to play a game if i dont care what's going on. I've heard mixed things about WoFF's story and the fact that it has characters from every game concerns me that it may just be needlessly complicated fluff just to justify having everyone in the same place.

I also dislike Kingdom Hearts and Im worried that WoFF has maybe too much of the KH mentality in there, which would turn me right off.

I dont know about the stacking system either. It looks... stupid.

That being said i REALLY didnt like Pokemon ORAS or S&M (heh), so WoFF doesnt have much competition if theyre similar.

I also cant play as actual FF characters which is disappointing. Im also not a massive FF fan so i probably wont notice most of the clever references.

Should i still give it a go?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
You have terrible taste and arent allowed to play video games ever again...

Nah, just kidding. I want to play World of Final Fantasy, i liked the demo and the FF franchise needs a win since its done nothing but disappoint me since FFX-2.

Im on the fence though. Story is most important in a video game for me, i cant bring myself to play a game if i dont care what's going on. I've heard mixed things about WoFF's story and the fact that it has characters from every game concerns me that it may just be needlessly complicated fluff just to justify having everyone in the same place.

I also dislike Kingdom Hearts and Im worried that WoFF has maybe too much of the KH mentality in there, which would turn me right off.

I dont know about the stacking system either. It looks... stupid.

That being said i REALLY didnt like Pokemon ORAS or S&M (heh), so WoFF doesnt have much competition if theyre similar.

I also cant play as actual FF characters which is disappointing. Im also not a massive FF fan so i probably wont notice most of the clever references.

Should i still give it a go?

WoFF has been compared to Kingdom Hearts but I really don't see the similarities.

The stacking system was a bit strange to me at first but once you learn what works and what doesn't, it can be fun experimenting with different monsters.

Unlike Pokemon, the story in this game is great in my opinion. There's a lot of content and fun references, over 100+ hours of gameplay.

And yeah, I would have liked to play as the FF characters but you can summon them into battle which makes up for it.

I recomend this game for sure. The story is great, the characters are great, and the battle system is refreshing and addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom