• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Work in Progress Background Art: Hyrule Castle

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This picture is actually a scene in my fan fiction. It's an upcoming chapter where the group travels to Hyrule Castle. In my fic, Hyrule castle has moved to the eastern Hemisphere, by the ocean. Currently I have the backgrounds done. I just need the characters and the castle to be done.

theskyline.jpg

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Nice. Let me take a wild guess.

Link and the crew are on the cliff overlooking the wide marvelous castle. With a tow bridge and a moat. Then inside there's a town and many people and outside the castle walls are tons of guards and a path leading towards the castle.

I'm gonna assume the black spot is a secret passage from the outside links directly to a secret chamber within the castle walls.

Hope you enjoy my imagination

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Nice. Let me take a wild guess.

Link and the crew are on the cliff overlooking the wide marvelous castle. With a tow bridge and a moat. Then inside there's a town and many people and outside the castle walls are tons of guards and a path leading towards the castle.

I'm gonna assume the black spot is a secret passage from the outside links directly to a secret chamber within the castle walls.

Hope you enjoy my imagination

you are quite spot on at that.

As for the forest, it is actually the path to death mountain in the distance. (Though I suppose I must recolor it.)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
That's really very nice. Just wondering though, that is supposed to be a beach right? The color made me think at first glance that it was the side of a snowy mountain; but then I thought, a forest and mountain on the tip of a mountain? Hehe, oops, my bad. Maybe you should adjust the color a little bit, slightly more yellow and darker near the water where the waves are washing against the sand. It looks almost light lime green on my computer, but that might just be my monitor.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
theskyline.jpg

This little edit has me changing the sky a bit. I added some clouds, and positioned the sun in another spot. The grassy cliff that is supposed to overlook the castle has increased it's patch. I also added some clouds for completion; also Death mountain has been recolored into something more adequate.

Hazel

A Frog
Cool work, Charge. I like the last pic best, on the first one I thought same as Xinnamin, kind of. It looked kind of rocky.
The second and the fird were the best.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Ah, it actually looks like a beach now, that's much improved. Do you intend on adding any shading or are you leaving it flat colored? A few textures and gradients can do wonders sometimes, but flat colors have their own appeal. At any rate, I think it looks great, especially the trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom