• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Real quick question to make sure I'm on the right page. Are there spells/HP, AND voting? Or is this similar to Jamie's game where you would vote, then your spell would take effect for attack, etc? So basically I guess: Do you have HP that spells directly alters, and voting which would bypass that and play out similarly to other mafia games?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Real quick question to make sure I'm on the right page. Are there spells/HP, AND voting? Or is this similar to Jamie's game where you would vote, then your spell would take effect for attack, etc? So basically I guess: Do you have HP that spells directly alters, and voting which would bypass that and play out similarly to other mafia games?

I think @Heroine of Time would be the best person to answer this but I'll try to explain from what I understand.

Both voting and spell casting can occur in this game, and they are individual from one another. Imagine it being like Jamie's game but the players have an ability to use a mega attack at the end of each day on whoever has the most votes. Also, we're wizards. We don't directly attack, we cast spells. But first we need to build up enough 'magic points' (pips) to cast an attack spell.

@Timeless how much damage do you think the Mafia's night attacks do?

@Pendio since we need at least half of majority (so I'm guessing at least 5) votes on one person to get a lynch to happen, would you be willing to bandwagon on a lynch you disagree with?

Pen

The game is on!
Vote: Pendio

*Waves to Pendio*

*Waves grumpily back to Mido*

Let's play a game

Yes! Let us! :D

Just me. I'm the serial killer. I was hoping for scum, but this is close enough :bubsy:

What if she is seriously ****ing serious rn?

@Pendio since we need at least half of majority (so I'm guessing at least 5) votes on one person to get a lynch to happen, would you be willing to bandwagon on a lynch you disagree with?

A lynch I disagree with? Definitely not. Would you?

That being said, at this early point in the game there is not exactly any player whose lynch I specifically disagree with, so at this time I could see myself joining any lynch in order to lynch someone. Later in the game however (when I have formed better opinions on all of the players) I should not be as easily persuaded.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Vote: Johnny Sooshi. You were second on my list anyway
kinda like Kill bill (but than reversed...). RegalBryant is third on my list, and ALIT 4th being that player who says bullying is wrong but doesn't really undertake anything to stop it from happening.

Luv u 2 :bubsy:

pls lynch me

how long have i been begging to be lynched and yet no one votes for me ever lmao

Hey look, I'm trying :coolhecks:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
A lynch I disagree with? Definitely not. Would you?
Really? You'd rather we have a no lynch, especially on day one, that join a wagon?

I would. Any info right now is needed.

Later in the game however (when I have formed better opinions on all of the players) I should not be as easily persuaded.
You mean like in Avengers, when you didn't have an opinion after 50 pages? :>

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so I think I have an idea how things are going to work here. We all have HP and an attack ability, but instead if this being the primary function of the game (like SSB Mafia), it's secondary this time. So lynch rules the day still, but now we have attacks to deal with as well. My thinking is that attacks will be more prevalent in the night because that's were people can remain anonymous. This won't exactly be a major factor for now though since we all only have 1 pip and it costs 2 during the day and three during the night. I'm just curious whether or not killing roles like Vig/Mafia/SK act like they did SSB Mafia where they just have a much higher damage output or whether they are independent like lynches are. Ugh this is going to be more confusing than Night 2 in SSB Mafia...

This has me thinking though:
Heroine of Time said:
  • You gain one pip in the day period, and one pip in the night period. Every player starts the game with one pip. You also gain a pip if you vote for and successfully lynch a player of another alignment. (e.g. Mafia lynching a Townie)
So this means Mafia too. I think that HP will come into effect during the night where people can remain anonymous. So Mafia will most likely use their individual attacks where they can't be seen. It's basically like SSB but now they can actually attack and not be questioned. This is dangerous because, like I said in SSB, if Town is vulnerable then we could be picked off so easily even by friendly fire, which also happened in SSB. The thing is though, Mafia need to get on a Townie lynch to gain pips. Yes they can get them by surviving, but they will want that extra pip during the night. So it wouldn't surprise me if Mafia, early on, try and get on a lynch. Also it kind of puts Town at a disadvantage because we have to lynch scum to gain an extra pip where it's much easier vice versa.

---

This is interesting though, the general spells are quite powerful if you save up pips. Essentially everyone could be a RB'er by Day 3/4, which will be chaos. There's also heal yourself spell, but not a healer spell though. Shame because that would be super useful, but would probably cost double. And I don't even want to get into the global spell because that's too much thinking for one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom