• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will the successors live up to their champions?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
As expected, Sidon will outshine Mipha. I'm impressed with Riju didn't expect her appearance in trailer. Teba Jr didn't shine much in trailer but he seems to have an important role to play.Screenshot_20230413-204651_YouTube.jpgMy only concern is Yunobo. Will the creators be able to redeem his character in totk? There are possibilities that they didn't show him in the trailer so that he has a much bigger and kinda spoiler-y part in game. I personally want him to undergo a Canute style transformation like in Vinland Saga and finally become a good leader for the Gorons but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yunobo needs no redemption, he's been good all along. :mad: I definitely see a lot of potential for all of them, though. Judging by the designs and what they are doing, there's a good possibility that their growth in this game is going to connect back to the events of AoC in some way. We already see callbacks to it through Sidon using the Lightscale Trident and Tulin having a larger presence in the story and eventually mastering the Great Eagle Bow like he said he would in AoC's DLC. Watching how the events of both BotW and AoC affect them was one of my biggest wishes for TotK. Considering they're gonna play an active role in aiding Link in both story and gameplay, eventually becoming a unit like their predecessors, I think it's a safe bet they'll live up to their legacies.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I liked Riju and Sidon in the first game and judging from the last trailer, they're more than worthy successors. We've yet to see if Yunobo is getting some kind of glow up in Tears of the Kingdom, otherwise hell no, he's no Daruk. Teba, Tullin, whatever. Neither of them was ever going to live up to the glory of the GOAT, Revali. It's just an impossible task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom