• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Will Skyward Sword Follow the Example?

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Ok, so I was playing WW last night and it got me thinking. Link always seems to get distracted from his initial quest and then has to go on a larger journey. For example, in WW, he leaves Outset to find and save Aryll, but ends up saving Hyrule and the islands above from Ganondorf's evil. So, I was wondering if SS was going to do the same thing.

We know Link starts out his quest to find and save Zelda, but perhaps he will find her and then when she's safe, he goes on to fight the Demon Race. But who knows? I just wanted to ask if you guys thought he would stray from the initial quest that we see he was given (ie: saving Zelda).

Other examples of him straying from his quest are in a lot of the games. In TP, he goes to save Ilia and the children, but then he goes on with Midna to save Hyrule from the twilight and destroy Ganondorf. In OoT, Link goes and gathers the Spiritual Stones, but ends up 7 years in the future and he has to defeat Ganon. In ALttP link rushes to the castle to save Zelda (again) and proceeds to conquer 11 dungeons, saving Hyrule from Ganon who was locked in the dark world.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I think that he will go off of his big quest cause in most of the games including the newer ones where he does something different at the end but still gets his main quest done you know.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think that is exactly what would happen. Normally the games begin with a more personal reason for Link to travel out into the world only to discover a greater purpose. It is how Nintendo likes to introduce the wider world to the player, you always start out in a small local village only to set out into the greater mysterious world and learn of it's history and secrets. Just like WW Link traveling straight to the Forsaken Fortress to rescue Aryl, ALTTP Link traveling to Hyrule castle to rescue Zelda, and TP Link, I believe Link will march straight to the Sky Temple to bring back Zelda only to be caught up in the bigger quest. Zelda's disappearance from the temple is probably a large part of the journey. She leaves the temple somehow prompting Ghirahim to continue searching for her, and then Link leaves to get to her before Ghirahim can.

Whatever special quality Zelda has might be the real reason behind it all. Ghirahim wants to capture her, the gods want to protect her, and Link wants to rescue her. There much be a major reason why she is important to the gods and the demons. In this aspect it is still very much like previous games, Aganihm required Zelda to undo the seal on the Dark world, Ganondorf captured Aryl looking for the triforce, and Vaati wanted the light force for himself. I imagine this special aspect will be slowly revealed over the course of the adventure, meanwhile Link will travel to a few temples/dungeons searching for Zelda and trying to outrun Ghirahim there.

I hate to say it, but I think this will again be the situation. Link will go on a search for Zelda, and end up on a much larger quest. It will most likely be melded together into one thing, though this time around; if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom