• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will BotW Link have more adventures?

The Link we see in BotW is a weird one, he isnt the first to time travel but he's the first to be seemingly stasis locked for 100 years.

Many Links have a history but none have managed to exist the length of time that BotW seemingly has, dude has a history, a hundred year history.

Its hard to say what age this Link was when he went into stasis, if he was dead or alive, if he was resurrected or just woken up.

Did his body slowly age? There are ill-fitting old clothes in the Ressurection Chamber, were they his once?

The Old Man and mysterious voice are constantly asking him if he remembers events from the past, meaning he was around at least once before BotW...

Right now its hard to know how much light the game will shed on Link's past, but there's also a chance that it wont shed any at all, which begs thw question; could we see BotW Link again in later Zelda game?

Will BotW Link have adventures even before this mysterious past?

AlttP Link holds the record for starring in the most titles, but with this Link having a mysterious past, do you think we'll see him again if BotW doesnt tell us much?

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
It would be interesting to see, although there is no guarantee that this Link is an entirely new one. He might seem different, sure, but there is always the chance that we have seen this Link before. Hopefully BotW explores his background in great depth.

I can see an MM-ish sequel coming out soon after BoTW. It's a huge game and obviously with an awesome engine. N would be crazy not to make a different game with it.

The big difference is that it's the same Link. In other games Link has been prophesised to come for hundreds of years. At the right time a new different Link is born and becomes the hero. In BotW, Link is not born at the right time, Link awakens at the right time. Big difference.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I agree that this is a very interesting concept. Assuming this is a link that we have already been through a game with, we could have an emotional attachment to him from the git. This game seems too be much deeper than most and I'm wondering how much of that goes beyond gameplay. I'm so excited.

Whether it be the link that died in OoT being resurrected, maybe after MM, or a change up to the story going into WW, where he does show up... Hell or after the WW trilogy and the great sea dried up and it's a matured Hero of Winds. I don't really care it all sounds pretty sweet to me. I am never against a returning hero to continue a saga. Thàts why the ALttP saga is my favorite games (besides my huge bias on ALttP) it's just awesome to have a full story for one hero. I am actually salty we never got a true ending to (ALttP) links story. So much time spent with him yet we don't see how it ends, he just drifts away.

Kev

I personally think it will with how bug the game world is expcted to be and how much you can actually do in the game .

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I can see Nintendo making this Link with the blue tunic the new look of the series for a while. They did hint at recycling the graphics engine this time around, so future games may adopt this look. This game is undoubtedly going to be insanely popular, after all. And if I'm right in this, a few sequels seem likely.

I think it'd be cool if this was a Link we've previously had in the series. And you uncover what happened to him and why he was put into the stasis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom