• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Sports Resort: A Lame Zelda Recycling Bin

Anemos

Master of Chaos
So, I was playing Wii Sports Resort recently, when I noticed that it was a grab bag of Zelda concepts all stuck into a game for the Wii Motion Plus.

Summerstone castle? Nah. It looks like a smaller remake of Hyrule Castle from OoT, especially when you observe it from the "Island Flyover" mode.

And then, when you crash the plane, it sounds to me like a Deku Scrub (Link) after he drowns in water.

So, it brings me to an idea that absolutely horrifies me.

Is Nintendo running out of new ideas?

If they've resorted to recycling Zelda stuff in a sports game, what do we have in store in the future? With Zelda Wii coming, it becomes a little scary.

Will Nintendo fulfill their promise of "new things", or will Link say "WAHOO" in Mario's voice next time there is a Roc's Feather/Cape in a game?

Discuss!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Maybe they are seeing as the recent zelda games are becoming painfully easy. But I am guessing a lot of castles look the same and sometimes they re-use sounds affects for loads of things so...maybe not a "Lame Zelda recycling bin."

Austin

Austin
I haven't actually played the game but from the way you're describing it, it sounds like they're just trying to get some old fans to smile by adding familiar things. I'd be incredibly surprised if Nintendo was actually running out of original thought. Assuming the company isn't run by apes, they should be able to think up some clever ideas.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Umm... so there are two castles that look somewhat similar and two sound effects that seem somewhat similar... I don't see how that constitutes as being a "lame recycling bin". Little aesthetic things like that are re-used all the time, and I'm not even sure the examples you gave even seem similar enough to count as anything more than simple coincidence.

I doubt Nintendo's running out of ideas. Zelda Wii's already been hyped for having innovative new features. It hardly matters if a few aesthetics are recycled, I mean, MM used the same graphics as OoT, but just look how innovative and brilliant that turned out. I'm sure we'll see loads of new ideas come E3, nothing to worry about.

Ok you dont have to worry about nintendo running out of ideas. Nintendo is made up of alot of people. Im sure if miyamoto got stumped on new ideas he would get some ideas from some other nintendo workers. so theres no harm there. But as the recycling thing goes. Just dont worry about it. Ive never played that since i was never a wii sports kind of person but if they want to use some sound effects from another game that they made then let them. Dont worry they wont run out of ideas. Or at least any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom