• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why EA Will Not Be Supporting The Wii U

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I thought this story was hilarious and shows how immature EA is as a company.

So apparently, Nintendo was in talks with a few third party developers to help improve the Wii U's online capabilities, one of which was EA. The negotiations continued for a while until EA made an outrageous demand: all of Nintendo's online networks - including the Nintendo Network - would have to be run through Origin. That means servers and net code, people.

If you aren't familiar with Origin, just know that it works kind of like Steam. Kind of... It's not nearly as good. Origin is not a stable service and has been criticized left and right for reasons such as invasion of user privacy, removing users’ legal rights, and false user bans.

Ea-Origin.jpg

No way would Nintendo would let their entire online network be run through Origin, and at such a critical point in the company's future, too! So what does EA say about this? Well the rumor states that EA has 'no intention of really supporting the Wii U in the future,' and will only release ports of games with no real budget behind them. This is easy to believe with EA only bringing three games to the Wii U party: FIFA 13, MADDEN 13, and Mass Effect 3. And to top it all off, Yuri Bialoskursky, a MADDEN producer, recently said to ESPN that MADDEN 13 on the Wii U would "be missing key features," including (but not limited to) the all-important Infinity Engine! You know, the engine that makes the players run and tackle each other like real football players? Yeah, you can forget about that. Supposedly EA didn't have time to put it in on the new hardware, but I'm not sure if I buy that.

madden-nfl-13-wii-u.jpg
(Authentic Madden NFL Football... Apparently not...)

So is EA really giving the Wii U no love because Nintendo didn't want to run their online through EA's crappy server? Who knows. But if this is true (and it sounds true), it just shows how far from grace EA has fallen as a company...

Last edited:
:lol: EA are such a terrible group of mean clowns. :lol:
I don't care about EA anymore and don't care if their games are on wii u. I wasn't going to buy their games anyway. :lol:
On one last note, Origin is utter ****. :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
EA isn't supporting the Wii U? This is good and bad. On one hand, yay none of those stupid "Online Passes"! I'm not paying an extra $10 on top of the ~$60! Ahahaha. On the other hand, this means no Battlefield, and I LOVE Battlefield. Oh well, I'm mostly glad that EA isn't supporting the Wii U. We don't need crummy games like Madden every year, anyway.

Origin, while I am in no way familiar with it, does sound like a rip-off. I know of EA's several shinanigans and I gotta say they're pretty low. Way back in the N64 days I respected them for NHL and Madden, but as time passed, they increasingly sucked more and more until they come to this. Nintendo doesn't need EA, and neither do we. :yes:

EA isn't supporting the Wii U? This is good and bad. On one hand, yay none of those stupid "Online Passes"! I'm not paying an extra $10 on top of the ~$60! Ahahaha. On the other hand, this means no Battlefield, and I LOVE Battlefield. Oh well, I'm mostly glad that EA isn't supporting the Wii U. We don't need crummy games like Madden every year, anyway.

Origin, while I am in no way familiar with it, does sound like a rip-off. I know of EA's several shinanigans and I gotta say they're pretty low. Way back in the N64 days I respected them for NHL and Madden, but as time passed, they increasingly sucked more and more until they come to this. Nintendo doesn't need EA, and neither do we. :yes:

Hang in there Van Man ! :lol:
It's just one game. I think EA may port some of this series anyway. :lol:
It's more money for them if they do so.

I so agree with the online pass Van man, I hate those. I'm grateful EA isn't stinking up the wii U :lol:

EA wont miss out on any chance to make money. If this is true its just them trying to throw a tantrum to get what they want but in the end they will still bring out games for Wii U and they will most likely put effort in if the Wii U ends up being succesfull.

but yeh i'd much prefer EA to not be working with Nintendo as they only care about money.

SLQJc.gif

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
they will most likely put effort in if the Wii U ends up being succesfull.
Well, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 were both very successful. EA didn't put any kidn of effort in, except with Battlefield. All of their other games felt as if they could have some braindead enhancements that'd make them "complete". I doubt, if Nintendo and EA ever work on the Wii U, that EA would try to make the games halfway decent. :/

I mean EA standard of effort :P They just dont care anymore at all, its money money money. They ruin so many games its unreal. Even if its a game they are only funding, they push and push for as early a possible release of unfinished games.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
Wow. Never was a fan of EA, most of the games I played of theirs were utter crap, and Origin is of poor quality (if your banned, that means no multiplayer or singleplayer, and that's just one of the problems). But. Just. Wow.

I haven't supported them for a few years, now. It came to a point where I can't even take them seriously anymore.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I've never really liked EA that much but I never knew they could be such cry babies. I've never heard of Origin but I agree with Vanitas that it does seem like a HUUGGEE rip off why would they suggest that to begin with? Either way I really think anyone would notice that there won't be any EA sports games or ea games in general on Wii U in my opinion.

Big Octo

=^)
EA has been known and slashed at so much for their horrible business practices that this is no surprise. However, I'm not planning to buy games published and developed by EA on the WiiU anyway. Most of the third party games are played on PC for me.

As for those planning on buying EA products for the WiiU, then, well I can't say much more than I'm sorry. If only this company could realize how terribly they run their business.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If only this company could realize how terribly they run their business.
They run their business perfectly. They make a ton of money, which is the goal they have in mind, and thus have perfect business. They're no Nintendo and they don't try to be -- this is made apparent by such tactics as online passes, on disc DLC for a few games, Play4Free Funds, etc etc etc. I myself am a shameful victim of the latter two, but you have to keep in mind that a company exists to make money; pleasing customers is only a secondary thing that a company need fall to when the money is actually at stake.

Big Octo

=^)
They run their business perfectly. They make a ton of money, which is the goal they have in mind, and thus have perfect business. They're no Nintendo and they don't try to be -- this is made apparent by such tactics as online passes, on disc DLC for a few games, Play4Free Funds, etc etc etc. I myself am a shameful victim of the latter two, but you have to keep in mind that a company exists to make money; pleasing customers is only a secondary thing that a company need fall to when the money is actually at stake.

And you don't think their descsision about the WiiU will make them loose considerable amounts of money. Also, how broken Origin is is a sure-fire source of income loss, as apposed if they supported Steam. Yeah... compared to pretty much any other game company, their practices are horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom