• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why does Link have pink hair in A Link to the Past

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I think it has something to do with the SNES limitations in the amount of colors that can be on the same sprite, and the pink part comes from when you're a bunny
This is in fact correct. But if you want an in game lore explanation (theory, of course) than I present you with this thought: he is a feminist activist who wants to counter gender norms by dying his hair pink. But I think the real question is, when will Link have pink hair again?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It actually was not a SNES limitation. At all. It was development error. Essentially what was done was that when the Bunny Link sprite was created, it just used the regular Link's palette even though it had its own palette like all NPCs and enemies do too. And for whatever reason, no one realized this, so whenever they tried to give Link his correct hair, it messed up Bunny Link and they couldn't figure out why. Instead of fixing the bug they just gave Link pink hair. A game modder called Puzzledude discovered the actual cause of the bug in 2017 and another called rainponcho found a way to make Bunny Link actually use his own palette, allowing normal Link's palette to have his own hair color.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom