• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Didnt the Wind Waker Have a Water Themed Temple?

I HATE water temple's, but love wind waker. the water in wind waker, would make a water temple pointless. And besides, there are islands that you don't even leave you boat. And one more thing, LINK CAN'T SWIM! And Another thing, water temples are hard. WW is hard enough.

Just seems like it would be overkill. The entire game is water themed so I cannot really see just how a water themed temple would stand out in any significant way. Every time Link is in the overworld you have to overcome water based traps and enemies. Almost every single island requires you to swim, or use items to get past water in some way. The only change is when you reach a relatively large island and whatever temple they hold.
Djinn illustrates the nature of The Wind Waker pretty well here. Basically, the entire game is water-themed, so why would you want a water dungeon? Perhaps they could've implemented water into the other dungeons more to carry the theme better, but the game really had no need of a water dungeon. Because it was everywhere in the game, a dungeon with a different theme would have been better.

I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a dungeon for the third pearl, but the story moments taking its place were interesting, at least. The Wind Waker's lack of dungeons bothered me in general, but they were all quality dungeons, and it's not really about quantity if the dungeons are good. The lack of dungeons was probably ultimately because of the abundance of optional quests and items.

Although it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I've always considered the Tower of the Gods as being the water dungeon in the game. Sure, it's not played out how these dungeons are always played out, but if you take a look at the dungeon itself, or at least the first part of it, it's highly water based. Constantly changing water levels in almost every room on the first floor, a big wide open sea area right in the beginning, and you have to use the King of Red Lions in said open area to get from place to place.
Also, Josh is basically spot on here. For all intents and purposes, the Tower of the Gods was a water dungeon. As he said, it's not exactly a water dungeon in the way we're used to. But who says they have to be the same way every time? To boot, the way the game was designed, you can't dive or anything. You can only swim on the surface, so the engine didn't allow for anything else. Putting in full swimming mechanics would have been a waste of time to boot, because the only time you'd use it would be in a water dungeon; you can't dive under the freakin' ocean.

I

IronKnukle22

Now thats ironic that a game that is 80% of is traveling on water and it dosent have a level devoted to water but I guss that after I beat it I didnt want ot see water for awile so I guess an entire level would be overkill on the water in the game.

T

The Legend

Look at this map here(sorry for the hearts)
worldmap_590_hearts.jpg

This map is mostly water.
You sail and sail in water.
You swim in water.
Would you want a water temple :sword: when Hyrule is in water

Next the water temple is usually at lake Hylia .

I think I've made my point

M

MrJAwesome

Isnt The Wind Waker Kinda the waterish item of the game? I mean come on its like Wind Waker is Water Temple?

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Well, from what I can see, it didn't seem like it really needed one. The entire movement of te game was basically a water temple. Yes, you could consider ToG a water temple. But think of all the different quests and side quests that required traveling, such as gathering the Triforce shards :bleh:(spoiler!! triumph forks) Traveling and gathering, and much other things. Plus, aside from the game being cut, they were trying to set up the game to make it look like everyone was really in peril, so they made Greatfish Isle destroyed, and Jabun hidden and in trouble, though I find the rainy night frustrating and creepily annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom