• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did You Start Zelda, and Why Do You Still Play?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I started playing zelda when i was six and because it was the few n64 games i owned i always played it , and i loved the game even though i only played the first three dungeons, then i got the collectors edition for gamecube playing majora's mask and getting my butt kick you can thank the time thing. for about 5 or 6 years i started playing again beaten at least 6 of the games i feel good, also i got the nes and snes just to play the original ones on their respected consoles, also because their freaking awesome and trust me man i really used to think zelda was dumb during the 6 year break and that way i love the game series... Also because theres no shooting a pistol and it's awesome RPG and it reminds me when things were simple like when a long nosed green ginger man tries to rule the land...god im geek

My first game was A Link to the Past for the SNES. I received it bundled with the SNES when it was released when I got it for christmas one year. I have been a zelda fan ever since.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I started playing Zelda when I was 11, my old boyfriend told me about this game, and I wanted to have more to talk about with him at the time, so I got the game for Christmas, and I was hooked! I still play because I still love it, even though it sometimes hurts to think about who started me with it.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Christmas, I saw the trailer for Phantom Hourglass and thought it looked amazing. So I got it for Christmas and it's all me and my friend could talk about. Then a couple of years later I was looking for a force gem guide for Spirit Tracks and I found this site. I realised there were so many games and I had to explore them. So now I continue to play them for obvious reasons! They're epic games!

T

Thomas+Casey<3

I started playing Zelda when I was about 4 years-old. (No joke) The first game I played the very first Legend of Zelda. Ever since I became hooked on The Legend of Zelda. It was all I ever played. It was because of Zelda that I learned how to read before I started kindergarten. (That's not a joke either) After I played the first, I kept buying all of the other Zelda games and I have beaten every single one of them and I remember them all by heart. The Legend of Zelda has changed my life and I'm glad it has. My favorite Zelda game I've played has got to be The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Best Zelda game I've played yet. The Legend of Zelda is, has and always will be my most favorite and enjoyable video game franchise ever in video games. The Legend of Zelda foREVer!!

The Silence

Silence will Fall
I originally started playing when I was about 7/8, I got a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition along with a Gamecube from my Uncle for my birthday. I played OoT and MM and really enjoyed them, although I didn't get very far and ended just running around. I didn't play Zelda again until December last year when I downloaded OoT from the Virtual Console, which is incidentally the same time I discovered Zelda Dungeon which helped me to finally complete the game. Since then I've also downloaded MM and I plan to buy Skyward Sword, OoT 3D and Twilight Princess within the next year. The Legend of Zelda is just to good a series to miss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I started playing because OoT was released on my birthday, so my dad got the game and I loved the Zelda series ever since. I still play because it's probably the only series other than Mario and Kirby that I can say hasn't yet taken a turn for the worst. Sure, it's done rather controversial things such as the massive technology upgrade in PH/ST, or the realism/lack thereof in TP/TWW, but those haven't hurt the series one bit as far as I know. I also still play because it's amazing even after you beat any single game 10+ times!

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
I bought the game for the sole reason that I had preiously heard such high praise for it. Most of this praise was apparently justified, but I now think that Ocarina of Time is slightly overated. Games like WW and TP are better in my opinion, but at the time, Ocarina of Time was hugely revolutionary. It was worth the money that I payed for it, so therefore I am satisfied.

H

Hylian Wolf

My brother mentored me. And I still play because............Well I love the Legend Of Zelda!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
To make a long story short: I played Ocarina of Time on my brother's 64, Gohma scared the living wits out of me, I didn't touch the game again for a few years. I got Wind Waker after that, and got a very similar feeling at the Forsaken Fortress. That kind of thrills gave the series an appeal that to this day has yet to wear off. I had heard about Majora's Mask for years, and when I finally got it, I promised myself to never EVER miss another Zelda game. I still get the same chills from every new Zelda.

Well, I played Mario games and found Wind Waker at three years old. I was a fan of Mario but after that 8 years after Mario Sunshine came out I played WW and TP and got hooked. Since then I have played every Zelda game on a home console and it has been one of my two favorite game series in the world. Once I beat Wind Waker I didn't know about the other ones. In 2010 I played TP and me and my dad helped each other on it. We rarely use the "cheat sheet" (walkthrough) and it opened up a path for me to become a true zelda fan. I made it my quest to play every zelda game after playing those two. I have played all the home console ones and am now aiming for the handheld games.

Well, I started playing Zelda because my brother played it, and I thought it was cool. I still play because the games are still classics, they're fun, and they hold fond memories for me.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I started playing Zelda because of Ocarina of Time. I rented the game one time, and I was intrigued by the sense of how "real" everything seemed, and how playfulness was mingled with seriousness in a believable way. There were interesting puzzles, there was suspense, and I became addicted to the game.

I still play Zelda because I still enjoy that genre of game, for the most part. Also, I developed such a rich fantasy world centering on the world of Hyrule when I was a kid, that it still really fascinates me to see those ideas used in new ways. It seems to unlock things things in my mind from the past that had been hidden, as well as new ways of thinking I'd never considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom