• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Can't You Use Two (Or More) U Pads With The Wii U?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Using even two pads cuts the frame rate of the game in half, so a 60FPS game with two pads running will only run at 30FPS. The difference is actually significant if you compare them side by side. So essentially, it drains a ton of power from the system! You don't want that to happen :O

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't remember exactly but I'm sure Reggie was talking a few months back that you could have two Gamepads in use at once or at least, they were going to add that function at a later time.

Not certain though, so don't take my word for it.

Cfrock is correct. Nintendo was a bit uncertain, but announced that they would, in the future, add the function of a second tablet controller into the Wii U through a periphrial or a system update.

I'm pretty exciting for it, though! :D

Nintendo said:
The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.

So far the Wii U can support two Gamepad controllers. It unlikely you will be able to connect 3+ Gamepads at the moment, proberly because of all of the other accessories the Wii U can connect to, but who knows, in due time mabye Nintendo can increase the number depending on what games they bring out that depend on the GamePad.

2 is plenty, I think. I'd assume for games that require more than 2 players (like Super Smash Bros.) that the Wii U Pro controller would suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom