• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why are some people butthurt that BotW is a great game?

There's a lot of hate from the game on metacritic. A lot of the user revuews there absolutely hate the game
All of the negative scores there with comments bar two are zero score. The other tow are a 2 and a 4.

So bsaically you have 3 quarters of the user scores there being 10, a few at 7 and the remaining one quarter give or take a couple are zero.
It seems there is a lot of butthurt people out there wanting to basically hate on what is a great game. Sure if you doon't have to like the game, but anyone with a brain can see the game is not worth zero.

We have a number of people butthurt for I don't know what reason, taking out their frustrations by giving a zero score on metacritic. Even though the average user score is 7.7 now, the scores (apart from a few) are either 10 or 0.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There's a lot of hate from the game on metacritic. A lot of the user revuews there absolutely hate the game
All of the negative scores there with comments bar two are zero score. The other tow are a 2 and a 4.

So bsaically you have 3 quarters of the user scores there being 10, a few at 7 and the remaining one quarter give or take a couple are zero.
It seems there is a lot of butthurt people out there wanting to basically hate on what is a great game. Sure if you doon't have to like the game, but anyone with a brain can see the game is not worth zero.

We have a number of people butthurt for I don't know what reason, taking out their frustrations by giving a zero score on metacritic. Even though the average user score is 7.7 now, the scores (apart from a few) are either 10 or 0.
That's just metacritic on the first day of a games release.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Yeah. I've seen people butthurt that Zelda is taking away from Horizon...like, legit butt hurt about it. Probably people like that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
BotW isn't a great game, it's the game of the ****ing decade and ****s on all of its competitors past and present. The Nintendo haters Force has come out in solidarity against the game because their beloved wichew fwee was knocked off its high horse for accomplishments it never achieved.

BotW isn't a great game, it's the game of the ****ing decade and ****s on all of its competitors past and present. The Nintendo haters Force has come out in solidarity against the game because their beloved wichew fwee was knocked off its high horse for accomplishments it never achieved.
Even though I agree with everything you've said, XCX kicked Witcher 3 anyway. What people are more butthurt about is BotW taking away from HZD. Which is not really happening. Just a number of people butthurt over something that's all imagination in their own heads.

Yeah. I've seen people butthurt that Zelda is taking away from Horizon...like, legit butt hurt about it. Probably people like that.
and I've seen people butt hurt that HZD is taking away from BotW... two way street. People on here were already trashing it before they even played BotW, simply because it came out in the same window.

I'm only like 30 minutes into BotW, so I'll reserve judgement till the end. I've mentioned it 10000x, I am still extremely skeptical of it/reviews. Nintendo fanboys are some of the least rational in my experience.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's just a modern phenomenon of people hating anything that's deemed "popular". Happens with the highest selling and highest rated games. People just attach labels such as "overrated" to somehow argue against it. These same people have probably never played the game or go in with some form of pre existing hate with no intention of giving the game a chance.

These groups are bad for any form of media. They bring nothing but biased attitudes and negativity. It divides common interests and takes the fun out of loving a game. We should praise games that break boundaries - even ones were not a fan of.

Put simply, fans are too ****ing obsessed and attached to "thier" series. It's a stupid concept. And they're too close minded to look at other games that maybe technically surpass thier's. So they hate and drive any kind of negative pack mentality to somehow justify thier favourite game as being the superior. This kind of pettiness has drove me to just lose interest in discussing games over the past few years. We should be collectively celebrating games that do well and maturely debate which game is better rather than resort to stupid dick measuring contests.

I love this response. B-BUT HE DID IT T-TOO is not an argument.

It's pointing out the hypocrisy, and it's true. People on both sides are butt hurt, I wish we had more objective fans on here, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the forum lol.

Sean Malstrom said:

IGN said:
Ocarina of Time has met its match.

The new combat system requires skill and patience.
Not only is travel faster, but the… world packs in an enormous amount of content.
In many ways this game represents a breath of fresh air, the next major step for a superb franchise. It’s hard to even care about small problems when you’re watching Nintendo lay out its vision for the future of its grandest saga.

…will be remembered for revitalizing a franchise that had, for a time, seemingly settled for being merely great instead of revolutionary. Once again, Nintendo is demonstrating its unparalleled ability to craft some of the greatest gameplay this industry has ever seen.
-IGN

Gamespot said:
But this is still a well-written story that calls forth a variety of emotions on your quest to free the world from evil.
Recent entries in the series got into the predictable habit of introducing a new item in each dungeon that you would subsequently use to solve most of the puzzles and defeat the boss. Thankfully, that’s no longer the case in [Zelda], and the experience is much better for it.
because it truly pulls from the franchise’s entire history, even addressing the winding narrative directly within its story. It captures a grandness and scope we haven’t seen since the 2D era. It advances combat and control in the most significant way since Ocarina of Time. It finds a tonal and visual harmony between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And, most importantly, it leaves a mark on the franchise that future installments will no doubt draw inspiration from for years to come.-Gamespot

Eurogamer said:
Most importantly, every second is fun. No developer in the world does controls as well as Nintendo when it sets its mind to it, with such pleasurable feedback that simply manipulating the game is rewarding – and no developer designs games around controls so well.
And then there are the production values. Despite the Wii’s modest power, [Zelda] is a very beautiful game, saturated with great artwork in dreamy pastels, rough edges smoothed away by impressionistic, painterly textures and atmospheric haze. Audio is even better. Evocative and richly informative effects are backed by a musical score that’s outstanding even by Zelda’s lofty standards, and has immense range: soaring orchestral themes, delicate ballads, insistent martial drums and looping abstractions.
10/10
–Eurogamer

Sean Malstrom said:
“Wow!” says the reader as he joins other readers inside a very disgusting Zelda orgasm. “Breath of the Wild is going to be THE BEST GAME EVER!”

But reader, there is a problem.

“Were the quotes above not said?”

They were said.

“But they are incredibly positive! This will be GOTY!”

The problem, dear reader, is that the quotes above are about the last Zelda game: Skyward Sword. Considered a huge flop to the players, game journalists raved about the game. Why, Skyward Sword has had Ocarina of Time ‘met its match’.

I should make an adlib program that takes old Zelda reviews, chops them up, and creates a random new Zelda article from them which could be applied to the next game.

All the Breath of the Wild previews you are hearing about are bull****. You are not reading previews, you are reading MARKETING. They will all say what Nintendo wants them to say. How can they determine the value of Breath of the Wild or the Switch when NONE OF THEM ACTUALLY PAID FOR IT!!???

Zelda fans lapping up this bought and paid for Nintendo propaganda called ‘previews’ demonstrate their low IQ. These people are truly dumb and are likely, in real life, to have others use them like a donkey.

The real question is why do these game journalists deserve to get ANY early access than the rest of us? And why not allow some smaller Youtubers or journalists that same access? The reason why is these ‘game journalists’ are literally being bought and paid for. When you are given exclusive access, you are given exclusive privilege to the game which drives all traffic to you.

If these same game journalists got the game at the same time everyone else did, would anyone bother going to their websites? No way. These game journalists do not possess the talent or trust of the gaming audience which is why they must be given exclusive access. This exclusive access comes with a price: it is expected for them to SELL the game to Nintendo audience.

My suggestion: ignore previews and go play the original Legend of Zelda. When BoW comes out, you’ll be ready to directly compare it to the original Zelda.

*tldr- if you are reading the Zelda BoW previews for information, you have a low IQ. The previews are not there for information, they are there to reel YOU in.*

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Why are people caring so much what some people are saying - good or bad? There are always going to be people who praise things we think are crap or complaining about things we think are great. I say decide for yourself and ignore the haters, if people are set on hating a game, they are the ones missing out. I find it riddiculous that people are wasting energy on caring what some random strangers think, it's not like their opinion is going to change the way you feel about a game.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It could be many things, legit or otherwise. While you blokes are all off enjoying BotW, I'm the weirdo who's playing HZD. HZD has about the same proportion of negative to positive reviews on metacritic too. I haven't seen the negative reviews for BotW, but most of the negative scores for HZD are on the basis that the game is another shallow opin wurld game... and to that effect, I can't disagree with them. In fact I think HZD is even more shallow than copy-paste open world reskins like Farcry or Asscreed. I don't think that makes HZD worthy of derision, but I myself am personally underwhelmed by it (and that sounds worse than it is - I've been having stupid fun with HZD for the past few days straight until I actually got a headache and had to stop playing).

So... what I'm saying is... maaaaaybe BotW's critics have a point? I mean, sure it's easy to just write off anyone who disagrees with you as "LOL H8trz gon h8t" but... who cares if they don't like something you like?

It's not like BotW isn't scoring off the charts, and it's not like you're all not having any less fun with it either. So no need to go all fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom