• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Who is the Hero's Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's my theory on the Hero's Shade in TP. When Link went to Termina to search for Navi, he went into the Lost Woods with no fairy, which meant he would turn into a Stalfos. I believe the Link of OoT and MM is the Hero's Shade, after he went into the Lost Woods.

I know this is a popular theory, so I want to know your thoughts. If you believe this, why? If you don't, what's your theory and why?

The Hyrule Historia has confirmed that the Hero Shade is in fact Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask. How he became to be still remains unknown though but it is possible that he became a Stalfos since the Hero shade does resemble one, but I don't strongly believe that is the case.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well I think the theory that many people have used and including that guys YouTube vid have said that Link aftsr the events of Majoras Mask went through the lost woods and essentially got lost. Now the theory also says that Link turns into a Stalfos as when kids become lost inthe forest they turn into Stalfos and they relate that to the Hero's Shade.

I see many problems with this theory for one I fail to see how Link was lost in the woods. When we see the intro he seems to be strolling quite casually as if he knows where he is going, he doesn't seem distressed either. Another thing is that it Link is the Hero of Time, I doubt that his form could be so easily changed plus he bears the mark of the Triforce of Courage. Another thing I thought about was that Link has the Ocarina right? So couldn't he just play sarias song to speak to her? She knows the forest really well so am sure if Link was lost she would come to his aid.

Of course many people compare the Hero's Shade and a Stalfos visually and ultimately come to the conclusion that they are the same being....

196px-Stalfos_Artwork_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png
and
170px-Hero%27s_Shade.png

Now I wanna point out one thing, if you look at th Stalfosit appears to have a skeletal frame, now if you look at the Hero's Shade his body is almost spirit like, very similar to how the poes appear. I think its kind of obvious that the Hero's Shadeis meant to be the spirit of the Hero of Time rather than a decayed skeletal version, in fact the only part where I see any skeletal features is in his face. Stalfos are usually hostile and have evil intentions now surely that would also be the case with Link right? One more point I would like to make is that the Hero's Shade appears in the form of a Golden Wolf before Link encounters his spirit in combat. I doubt a Stalfos could alter its appearance to the form of a wolf.

Personally I just don't see how the Hero of Time could turn into a Stalfos....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom