• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are The Main Gods/Goddesses?

As for Termina, not much can be confirmed about that place. I don't believe the Four Giants are gods; more like protectors of the land in times of extreme crisis. Termina apparently takes place in an alternate universe or dimension, at least thats what I believe. Some think it takes place in another land. But that would mean it would be easily travelled to from Hyrule and probably be well known by other lands.
Apparently at some point they're referred to as "guardian gods," but what I think that may imply is like what you're saying; they're not really actual gods, but some kind of lesser deity. That's just how I see it, anyway.

Like Dark_link01 said, I don't really think Termina has anything much to do with Hyrule. I don't think Termina has anything to do with the three Goddesses either, but I wouldn't call the Giants gods. They are more like the Deku Tree and Jabu Jabu, guardians of specific areas.
The Deku Tree and Jabu Jabu were referred to as "patron gods" or "patron deities" or something like that. So it seems that they are some kind of lesser deity or at least some kind of spirit.

And what were these four light spirits named after the Goddesses that tried to kill Ganondorf?
I'm not sure, but that might be referring to the four Light Spirits in Twilight Princess, but I don't think they're necessarily named after the Goddesses (though I will admit, the names are a little similar.) They four Light Spirits are: Eldin, Ordona, Faron, and Lanayru. The provinces of Hyrule in TP are also named after these Light Spirits.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Like Dark_link01 said, I don't really think Termina has anything much to do with Hyrule. I don't think Termina has anything to do with the three Goddesses either, but I wouldn't call the Giants gods. They are more like the Deku Tree and Jabu Jabu, guardians of specific areas.

And you ask why the Goddesses can't destroy Ganondorf? Well, either they can't directly help out Hyrule, or they are unable to just kill Ganondorf, like that. I'd say they can't act directly, so they give Link and Zelda the power to overcome Ganondorf, and they just have succeed.

And what were these four light spirits named after the Goddesses that tried to kill Ganondorf?

About ganondorf, the goddesses didn 't do nothing in OOT and TP.
He was taken care of by the sages.
But what strange is, that in TWW, it was the goddesses that decided to flood and seal hyrule. Maybe they had not choice but to seal it away when hyrule fell in ganondorfs control. because the sages where gone.

I like to bring "God" into situations like these.

If God is real, why didn't he come and kill Hitler?

It's like the exact same situation. Dude comes, takes power, kills a bunch of people, and eventually dies. But not by the people who created the world. It's more, here's a freaking world for you, you guys have your conflicts, and we'll only intervene if you guys really destroy yourselfs. It's up to the people in the world itself to kill the problem.

It's like the exact same situation. Dude comes, takes power, kills a bunch of people, and eventually dies. But not by the people who created the world. It's more, here's a freaking world for you, you guys have your conflicts, and we'll only intervene if you guys really destroy yourselfs. It's up to the people in the world itself to kill the problem.
I like that description. "DEAL WITH YOUR OWN MESS!" :xd:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

first of all thats not at all the same thing.

the three goddesses left proof that they exist...the triforce. everyone in hyrule believes in their existence because there is proof (sages, triforce, etc.), but the God in the real world has absolutely no real proof he exists and thats why there are so many religions, not one of them is proven. therefor, we dont even know if there is a god who would be able to step in and intervene. the people of Hyrule know that there are gods who are not helping them.

first of all thats not at all the same thing.

the three goddesses left proof that they exist...the triforce. everyone in hyrule believes in their existence because there is proof (sages, triforce, etc.), but the God in the real world has absolutely no real proof he exists and thats why there are so many religions, not one of them is proven. therefor, we dont even know if there is a god who would be able to step in and intervene. the people of Hyrule know that there are gods who are not helping them.
I don't really see how it's proven. For all they know, the Triforce could have been created by some ancient, friggin' powerful sorceror or by someone like the Sages or even some deity, like the Deku Tree or Lord Jabu Jabu.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I don't really see how it's proven. For all they know, the Triforce could have been created by some ancient, friggin' powerful sorceror or by someone like the Sages or even some deity, like the Deku Tree or Lord Jabu Jabu.

in which case, that still has absolutel no connection to the real worlds God...

in which case, that still has absolutel no connection to the real worlds God...
He was just saying that probably explains why the Goddesses never mess with Ganondorf. Because it's the responsibility of the people of Hyrule. Not necessarily that they couldn't.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
He was just saying that probably explains why the Goddesses never mess with Ganondorf. Because it's the responsibility of the people of Hyrule. Not necessarily that they couldn't.

but its NOT their responsibility. the gods are the ones who chose ganondorf to protect the triforce of power. if he goes on a rampage with it, thats THEIR fault and THEIR responsibility. anyway, we have gotten off topic so please keep posts from here on out on topic.

Very well.

Anyway, my point is that it seems as though the Goddesses have far more power than the Giants, so it is my opinion that they would be the main gods. I personally believe the Giants to be more minor gods, if even gods at all, somewhat like Deku Tree or Jabu Jabu.

But, one of my reasons for this is because Majora overpowered the Giants so easily, and it's beginning to seem like he/it was a much more powerful and sinister being than I previously thought (if you want to know what I'm talking about, check out my Ikana thread, you should start getting the idea if you read through all the mess in there.)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Din farore and nayru are probably the 3 main godesses of Loz but the four giants I think are just protectors of termina:S

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Hmmm interesting thread. Well as you know there are Zelda games with 3 godesses, Farore, Din, and Nayru. They made the triforce which is used in a lot of Zelda games.
But in MM there are giants but those are gods to the people of Termina. Though the godesses are used more doesn't mean they are the main gods/godesses but in this case i seems like the majority of people do think that they are the main ones, including me. The giants are still awesome though!:)

L

Liam

i think the golden goddesses are at the top of the list, i mean, they created hyrule! but maybe they all created the land,law and life, but then maybe Nayru created the civilisation of Lanybbra, Din created Holodrum, and Farore created Hyrule.

chart of power:
Farore
Nayru
Din
Essense Of The Triforce
giants
seven sages
holders of the triforce(Link,Zelda,Ganon)

i havent played all the games so i probably left a lot out. just say other people that would go on the list in your replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom