• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are Deities?

i have been playing majoras mask again (for MM month) and i noticed that the turtle that you wake up using "new wave bossa nova" said that even though he was sleeping, i think that he is a deity like the 3 goddesses, it isnt stated so, so we could assume that the giants or the goddesses sent him a vision, or he just felt the change in the water. but if he is a deity then that means many more characters are too, my question is, who? who do you think are deity, if you think there are any, (not only in MM but in the entire series)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
There are several types of deities in the Zelda universe. There's the 3 goddesses obviously, the Light Spirits, the Giants, the Spirits of Good, etc. There's also less important 'guardian' deities (the giants are also called guardians...it's hard to distinguish all the different characters into categories) like the GDT, Jabu-Jubu/Jabun, Volvagia/Valoo, that turtle, Wind Fish, Ocean King. Interestingly enough, the Hylians (actually the Oocca) are said to be closest to the goddesses, not these other deities.

Ganondork

goo
Uh, Wouldn't Majora be considered a deity? I know they call him an entity, but what exactly is the difference?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Uh, Wouldn't Majora be considered a deity? I know they call him an entity, but what exactly is the difference?
Oh right, are beings like Hades considered deities in our world? If that's the case, then yes Majora would be one, as well as Bellum and Maladus. (Ganon and Vaati were normal people who acquired supernatural power. dunno if one can 'become' a deity or not.)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Yes, Majora could be considered a deity like the Fierce Deity, he could be considered many things. But it would not be wrong to label him as a deity, or a lesser god, because in the past Majora was said to be worshipped. That would make him a deity... also Dieties are one of many smaller gods in a pantheon of gods. Majora to me is a demon or rather, a deity/demigod of sorts who was worshipped through ritual and sacrifice, he became stronger but all of the masks followers eventually died. If Majora hadn't found an unknowing follower (the Skullkid) then the mask wouldn't have been able to use it's powers. These Characteristics lead me to believe Majora considered itself a god. Which is enough proof for me.

just wiki deities, at the very least it'll help you decide if you think Majora is a deity or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom