• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Song Are You Currently Listening To?

The official track isn't even two minutes?
You know how game soundtracks work, right? They usually only play them long enough for the variation to loop once, and then have additional track length for the fade out or outro. Some commercial soundtracks, like the Fire Emblem ones, are nice enough to include two loops for the track (with a lot of tracks impressively taking 4 minutes for a full loop), so you get a wonderful 8 minute track.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
When a pachinko machine has good music.

You know how game soundtracks work, right? They usually only play them long enough for the variation to loop once, and then have additional track length for the fade out or outro. Some commercial soundtracks, like the Fire Emblem ones, are nice enough to include two loops for the track (with a lot of tracks impressively taking 4 minutes for a full loop), so you get a wonderful 8 minute track.
Yeah I know, and that's why I was expressing disappointment. Astral Chain's soundtrack was clearly one of its strong suits and, as such, I was hoping it'd get fitting treatment. Many of the area themes are relegated to the combat phases, which is a shame because I'd like both. Just makes me think of Tokyo Mirage Sessions: They took years to release an official soundtrack that wasn't just the vocal themes. If an official Astral Chain OST comes out eventually, then I can only hope they respect its "legacy" by doing two loops and then fade out. Like Fire Emblem, Bayonetta was able to do this and it turned out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom