• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Is Worse?

Which Is Worse?

• The Downfall Timeline

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Four Swords Adventures’ Placement

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm actually so torn about this. The Downfall timeline, while the order of the games in it isn't bad (LA aside) it's the existence of it at all that'd the problem. It logically should not exist. For there to be an alternate timeline bc Link died, there should be one created for every Zelda game.
But on the other hand, the Four Swords Adventure placement is just bad. They clearly just wanted more titles in that timeline bc it makes no sense.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
FSA's placement is annoying but it's like a "yeah let's just toss this extra game somewhere" kind of thing

downfall timeline on the other hand essentially places all of those games on a what-if scenario, which almost feels like they're making them non-canon, it's ridiculous and in a way makes it like the "canonical" way to beat ocarina of time back then was to get a game over at the last boss then turn the console off, since there was no child or adult timeline games just yet

I'm actually so torn about this. The Downfall timeline, while the order of the games in it isn't bad (LA aside).
which version of it's placement do you mean actually?

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
At least FSA has a timeline placement, I guess...

TotK, BotW, learn something.

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
Whyyyy not after Four Swords?? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The downfall timeline is worse because it invalidates the whole idea of having a timeline. But FSA's placement is abysmal, obviously.

I also don't have an issue with either. Neither do I think the Downfall Timeline is a throw away junk drawer for the older games. I think there important lore implications about the three timelines, and how they compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom