• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Which is Better Stylus or Button Controls?

Owner828

I'm not the muffin man!
There are currently 3 games for the mobile systems DS/DSi, and the 3DS. For the DS/DSi you use your stylus for everything from your sword to bombs. But for Ocarina of Time 3D you have the analog stick for movement and buttons for weapons. I'm going to list the pros and cons I believe both these controls have.

Stylus

Pros: Interesting to slash your stylus to slash your sword, all you need is one control, able to draw different things on the touch screen to enable something in the game, and just pure fun to use items and draw lines for them.

Cons: Having to hold L to use your items can be a little annoying, if you move the stylus on accident you could easily run into an enemy or jump off a cliff (Now yes you could do this with an analog stick but with the stylus your more pron to do it.)

Buttons:

Pros: I believe that it is easier to run around, you don't have to change your other weapons beside your sword a lot, you can actually use your shield on your own,and L targeting.

Cons: Can hit the Y button instead of the B button and pull out a bomb or something.

That's my list I don't know what I left out so leave what you think should be added in the comments. Also I want to know what you people think is better stylus or buttons. Personally I like the buttons better, I believe it helps the game run smoother. I don't know if anyone made another thread like this before so don't yell if there is one!

I prefer the button controls; they allow for much easier controlling of Link, and not to mention your hand doesn't cover part of the screen while trying to play. The stylus controls were fun and intuitive, but don't compare to the button controls. Also, all 3DS Zeldas will use button controls to include the 3D graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom