• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Fantastical Character Do You Hate Most?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Oh it absolutely makes narrative sense given that handing over your emotions to an insane deity would have negative effects. Speaking from a storytelling standpoint, though, it still sticks in my craw lol.

EDIT: Maybe Amaram is a better pick. All my homies hate Amaram.
Yeah screw that guy 100%
Hes like sadeas but way scummier

You're right! It does sting.
Usually, me and you could have a discussion, but you're definitely in the right with all the points ya brought up.
Oh well. Guess I won't be able to do anything related to Shrek.
shrek is unironically a masterpiece and people criticizing it or the second movie arent paying attention at all

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Can I trust you on that?
Of course you can, you should like what you like without being impacted by other's opinions on said thing. I like a lot of things that are very commonly hated on (such as furries) but I don't care because I am having fun regardless of what other people say. And besides, just because someone hates something you like doesn't mean it's personal, they don't hate you too or anything. I love Shrek (like the actual movies, not just the memes and stuff) and even though Hylian Viking doesn't like it I will still love it the same and so should you.

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
Awesome.
My love for Schaffrillas Productions shall live on!
And if things get sticky in the wiki, you'll be able to help.

Mikey the Moblin

Awesome.
My love for Schaffrillas Productions shall live on!
And if things get sticky in the wiki, you'll be able to help.
aha
I watch schaffrillas as well, dude knows what he's talking about for sure, he's been in theater and such for a long time. His opinions of media also tend to line up pretty well with mine, with a few exceptions
(for example, his two favorite post 2000 disney movies, atlantis and lilo and stitch, are my two favorite disney movies as well and for a lot of the same reasons)
so I know I can usually trust what he likes or doesn't like as something I would probably like or dislike

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
You're right! It does sting.
Usually, me and you could have a discussion, but you're definitely in the right with all the points ya brought up.
Oh well. Guess I won't be able to do anything related to Shrek.
I was about to say something about this... but my >1hr absence made me too late...

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'll throw in Sylvain from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. He's the worst possible version of the flirt trope. Mistreats women and justifies it. Pretty scummy, even if he does have a few redeeming aspects to his character. Still not enough to make me like the guy though.

There are others I could think of, but yeah. Sylvain bad.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Azula.

Don't get me wrong, I love her as a character. Her arc is beautifully well-written, and she is a solid villain which you love to hate. But I really don't like her as a person. Every word that escapes out of her mouth most likely goes against what I believe in, which makes it very hard for me to sympathize with her at all. She is just too terrible. She emotionally manipulates people, doesn't care about other people's lives, and it just super evil.

The scenes with Zuko in it get to me the most, especially when they're children. That's what differentiates her from other villains I've seen. Most villains I've seen have these tragic backstories that make you hate them less and even start to feel sorry for them. Azula was bad from the start.

She's one of those characters that are well-written but you hate because of their personality.

ArchAngel217

Azula.

Don't get me wrong, I love her as a character. Her arc is beautifully well-written, and she is a solid villain which you love to hate. But I really don't like her as a person. Every word that escapes out of her mouth most likely goes against what I believe in, which makes it very hard for me to sympathize with her at all. She is just too terrible. She emotionally manipulates people, doesn't care about other people's lives, and it just super evil.

The scenes with Zuko in it get to me the most, especially when they're children. That's what differentiates her from other villains I've seen. Most villains I've seen have these tragic backstories that make you hate them less and even start to feel sorry for them. Azula was bad from the start.

She's one of those characters that are well-written but you hate because of their personality.
I hate azula.

Honestly, I think Azula's character is a really artfully written perspective of how being a prodigy can completely destroy you due to the massive expectations you bear. She's probably one of the most sympathetically written "psychotic" characters I've seen in a way that's not showing that she's heartless, but that she's just genuinely being torn apart on the inside. Her entire sense of self was constructed by her mother fearing her and her father thrusting his legacy on her. Her downfall was all an internal conflict that she couldn't fight and she fell by her own hand rather than anyone else's. I can see why you'd dislike her for her actions, but her story is honestly impressive and judging her entirely because of her psychosis I think misses the point of her character.

ArchAngel217

Honestly, I think Azula's character is a really artfully written perspective of how being a prodigy can completely destroy you due to the massive expectations you bear. She's probably one of the most sympathetically written "psychotic" characters I've seen in a way that's not showing that she's heartless, but that she's just genuinely being torn apart on the inside. Her entire sense of self was constructed by her mother fearing her and her father thrusting his legacy on her. Her downfall was all an internal conflict that she couldn't fight and she fell by her own hand rather than anyone else's. I can see why you'd dislike her for her actions, but her story is honestly impressive and judging her entirely because of her psychosis I think misses the point of her character.
I can see your point. Looking back on her final defeat, it doesn't look like Katara took her out...

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

I agree with that.

As I said, I like her as a character. She's beautifully written, with lots of depth. I just hate her personality.

I appreciate her as a character, but that doesn't mean I have to love her. I still really don't like her at all, but I can acknowledge and appreciate the thought and love that went into developing her.

Mikey the Moblin

Huh okay I guess I didnt post in here already

Yeah basically I hate super submissive characters that cry or lack confidence I really have no patience for them at all, like the aforementioned pays
Another good example is the partner from PMD Explorers, I dont care how redeemed they are the character was ruined from the start

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom