• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which DS Game is the Best to Start With?

Hey guys! I've never played a DS pokemon game and since getting a 3DS I think it's time now to get them before X and Y comes out later this year. I've decided I'm going to buy Platinum, soulsilver, White and Black 2 according to the pokemon that I like in the games. The thing is that I don't know which one to start with! I don't think I want to buy soul silver yet cause I just finished a playthrough of emerald but I still can't decide. Can you guys help?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The final decision on which game you get first you will have to make. I am here to tell you that whichever game you choose is fine. Soulsilver is not a bad game, I have HG but they are basically the same game, except that each game offers several different Pokémon and some cool content. I haven't played Platinum, so I really can't tell you much about that game, but I am sure it's a good one. And white and black 2 will be a good addition as well, as you'd be up to speed in terms of having the latest released Pokémon games. Whichever game you choose, if you need a Pokémon or something, then just holla if you need me, I can help you out with that. ^^

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
I would start with Platinum just because you already played Emerald but Soulsilver is still a great game and very updated when compared to Emerald so im sure you would have lots of fun with that 1 as well. Also make sure you play Black and White 1 before you played Black and White 2 just so you will be in on the story little more and know the characters you meet up with.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I would go ahead and say Pokémon White, because of how easy it will be to know & memorize them.
Pokémon White takes place in Unova, distant to all other regions. Because of this, Unova has Pokémon you don't see anywhere else and, likewise, you won't see other generations until the after game. I think it's easier for new people to play this game because you don't have to worry about seeing something from gen 1 and gen 4 and wonder if they're the same. You have a set amount of Pokémon that are only from the 5th generation, instead of a mix & match set of them that are from different generations. With Pokémon White being as it is, its more organized so a newbie can figure out & memorize them little by little, instead getting confused as to which Pokémon goes to which gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom