• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Gauntlgrym, by RA Salvatore. I'm at chapter 2, I think. I used to love this author's writing, but after the opening of this book, and up to the point where I am now, I think his writing sux now: too much detail.

Sheik

:the:
Not currently reading, but I will be reading The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card on my trip. Also, some other books that I'm planning on reading in the near future are The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, The Shining by Stephen King, and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

I read all dem mainstream books, mmm qimme dat.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
"Vacuum Diagrams", by Stephen Baxter.

It's one part of the Xeelee Sequence, a series of hard SF space opera novels and short stories about a cosmic war between various species against the god-like Type IV civilization of the Xeelee. It's probably the most epic in scope SF series I've ever read. Screw galaxy-spanning space operas like Star Wars, this stuff is cosmos-spanning. The idea content is mind-bending and the action is epic. Great characters too.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I am currently reading How To Read A Book by Alder Mortimer and I believe it's the first edition, as the second and most recent is not available online. Why am I reading a bok on reading a book? Because, despite my A average in Reading, I can't seem to even understand the first page in The Iliad.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've recently finished both Divergent and Insurgent, both of which were fairly good. Though I can't get over the fact that Four is supposed to be White, because I can only imagine him as Black/African American.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I'm trying to read The fellowship of the rings, but i can't get into it like i did the Hobbit, idk if i'll finish it.

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa. Been waiting for this book for at least a year now, so... yey. Just... dystopian tales, widespread illness, humanity on the brink of extinction, and vampire shizzle. Didn't know it was the last in the series, though. Little bummed about that. I just hope it's a powerful conclusion, then.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I just finished Tale of Two Summers - Brian Sloan

This book is very interesting. Told from the perspective of two characters, Hal (gay) and Chuck (straight), through the medium of blog entries. They have been best friends for ten years, and for the first time since they've known each other, they end up spending their summer vacation apart. The blog, aptly named "Tale of Two Summers", was the idea that Charles came up with in order for them to not only stay in touch, but have a written record of their summer for posterity. It's through these blogs that we get an incite into the characters' lives and how they deal with the different situations and emotions that they encounter on a day-to-day basis.

This book has a really good message to it and it's a shame that it's not more widespread.

Check out the title at goodreads if you want to know more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom