• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Do the Oracle Games Fit?

I'm relatively new to LoZ and I want to get into timeline theory. I've got a few ideas on how it all fit's together, but I can't figure out where the Oracle games fit in. Help?
Thanks in advance!

The Oracle games more than likely fit on the Child Timeline after Twilight Princess, but not as a sequel to it. Some believe it to be a direct sequel to A Link to the Past and direct prequel to Link's Awakening, but that hasn't been proven as fact. Any time on the Child Timeline where Ganon is dead would be a good fit for the Oracle games.

Last edited:

Strangelove

Somewhere
Hard to say. Nothing I've seen in the games hints at a place in the timeline really. But the presence of the triforce in Oos at least suggest Child timeline, because the triforce wasn't split in that, was it?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Hard to say. Nothing I've seen in the games hints at a place in the timeline really. But the presence of the triforce in Oos at least suggest Child timeline, because the triforce wasn't split in that, was it?
The Triforce was split before TP. However, it was brought back together in WW, LttP, and AoL. It flies away - presumably back to the SR - in WW; so OoX most likely takes place after one of the other two. (Ganon is also dead after LttP and AoL, as is required for OoX.) It is likely a direct sequel as Link is free to enter the chamber holding the Triforce. It is also likely a prequel to LA, linked by a very similar boat/raft sprite and LA's backstory of Link returning from training after saving Hyrule.

Two absolute factors:
Link is in possession of the Triforce.
Ganondorf is dead and his followers are trying to revive him (sound familiar?).

These are the key factors to placing them on the timeline.

I honestly have no idea to be honest.......... they could always take the sonic comic approach and just have it be another entire alternate universe completely

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom