• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where are all skyloft's dead people?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Apparently Skyloft was around a thousands years, maybe longer. There is only one small graveyard on the entire Island, so were are the rest of the dead people? Did they maybe just gather the people after they died and kick them off the edge of skyloft to tumble down to the surface? (Sounds disrespectful, lol.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Apparently Skyloft was around a thousands years, maybe longer. There is only one small graveyard on the entire Island, so were are the rest of the dead people? Did they maybe just gather them and kick them off the edge of skyloft to tumble down to the surface? (Sounds disrespectful, lol.)

Perhaps upon death people are fed to the loftwings.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
A lot of times, in small communities like that, they'll just bury the significant people and leave the others alone. It's probably only previous headmasters of the knight academy, perhaps the head knights, etc. They don't have enough space on Skyloft to construct graves for everybody. I'm sure the others are honoured in other ways while the graveyard is reserved for important people.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I can imagine Link being traumatized as kid, watching his dead parents fall down the sky, while Gaepora just stands there with a suspicious smirk on his face. :mods: :goodness: lol :)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Perhaps upon death people are fed to the loftwings.

Hylia is a cruel goddess who demanded human sacrifices to appease her birds. Clearly, a band of humans, sick and tired of watching loved ones be sacrificed, fled underground. Demise's ancestors was among these people. Knowing the injustice of human bird food continued, Demise came out and tried to save the humans, but Hylia couldn't let him win. She gathered all the humans and sent them up into the sky, where they lived on Bird Feed Island and sacrificed their old.

Skyward Sword mysteries solved.

VitaTempusN92

Or watching their corpses devoured.

lol, I could imagine the horror on Link's cute innocent child face. And Gaepora laughs like it's no big deal. Poor Link. :(

Hylia is a cruel goddess who demanded human sacrifices to appease her birds. Clearly, a band of humans, sick and tired of watching loved ones be sacrificed, fled underground. Demise's ancestors was among these people. Knowing the injustice of human bird food continued, Demise came out and tried to save the humans, but Hylia couldn't let him win. She gathered all the humans and sent them up into the sky, where they lived on Bird Feed Island and sacrificed their old.

Skyward Sword mysteries solved.

lol, craziest perspective on the story I've ever heard. (in a good way) :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like to believe the pumpkin island is fertilized by loftwing manure, so effectively the people of skyloft who are nourished by pumpkins are simply reabsorbing the nutrients from their dead.
And that people, is the great circle of life.

VitaTempusN92

I like to believe the pumpkin island is fertilized by loftwing manure, so effectively the people of skyloft who are nourished by pumpkins are simply reabsorbing the nutrients from their dead.
And that people, is the great circle of life.

Eww, lol, that's gross. :eek: :goodness::yucksar: :cucco: :kikwi: :ezlo: :)

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I think we are looking at this from too modern a perspective. Today we use synthetic chemicals to embalm making people's bodies unable to decompose at a normal rate. If the people of Skyloft don't use coffins (that would bee a wast of precious wood ) and don't have an effective way of preserving their dead. Then in only a few decades there would be no trace of a body and they could reuse the oldest of the graves in Skyloft (which could be a couple hundred years old).

I'm in favour of the 'over the edge' theory, sounds disrespectful but i can see how they could make a ceremony out of it. Get the Loftwings to carry the corpses and have them fly off, someone sounds a horn and the loftwing releases the cargo, cue salute back on skyloft. Cue a mogma getting hit on the head by a corpse.

VitaTempusN92

I'm in favour of the 'over the edge' theory, sounds disrespectful but i can see how they could make a ceremony out of it. Get the Loftwings to carry the corpses and have them fly off, someone sounds a horn and the loftwing releases the cargo, cue salute back on skyloft. Cue a mogma getting hit on the head by a corpse.

Makes more sense. I found your last sentence pretty funny btw. :)

There's an unseen, unmentioned sky island upon which a proper graveyard is located for Skyloft's dead. The small graveyard seen on the Skyloft proper is reserved for important figures and the like. It is possible that disposing of bodies via the world below is reserved for a certain death penalty for heinous crimes, though I can easily see an off-chance of it being used as a sacrificial offering of some sort, as well. Given what the world below was viewed as in-game, however, the whole 'sacrificial' thing does seem kind of screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom