• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild When Will Zelda Wii U Come Out?

With Nintendo being fairly tight-lipped on the new Zelda game for Wii U, we know next to nothing about it - including its general release window. Originally, Nintendo planned to show off Zelda U at last year's E3, but opted not to when realizing that the game would over-saturate their lineup with Zelda (ALBW and WW HD were just about to come out). However, they were also going to show it off at Comic-con as well, but chose not to again. This was likely done so that its reveal would be closer to its release date, which is a strategy that Nintendo often employs in order to keep hype for their games steady. With that being said, when do you think Zelda Wii U will come out? While some are speculating that it will come out as early as this November, others believe that the game is due for release sometime next year.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm still not ruling out a winter 2014 release. I mean if we think about it, this game has been in devopmemt for quite some time now (most likely when they completed their work on Skyward Sword). However a lot of this time could have been the experimentation/brainstorming stage. Anyway, supposedly, the title was actually going to be announced at last year's E3 which gives us some incite into their developmental stage. I guess they weren't quite ready, but they made enough progress that they thought about it.

This reveal that we're expecting is somewhat overdue and I think they're not rushing out footage to please the fan's appetite, which they did with the TP reveal in 2004 what with all the beta footage with no clear title, relative plot, or direction. That trailer was released quite prematurely which is why it took over two years for the date to be finally revealed. Something tells me that this year they'll have a lot of show off, the question that remains this the release date. 2014 is me being optimistic but it certainly isn't beyond Nintendo; they're currently desperate for sales and is an entire year going to be too long? Or will it have the opposite affect? Will people buy into the hype, buy a Wii U, play it's games, and then get the new Zelda.

However out of all the anticipated release dates, 2015 seems like the most realistic year. Maybe Nintendo could deviate away from their traditional and release the title near spring time(?) who knows... All the signs are pointing at 2015 though. I mean we've had two Zelda titles recently: Wind Waker HD and a completely new game in the shape of A Link Between Worlds. We haven't been deprived, so to say, like we were in the time gap between TP and SS.

So 2015 is my guess. November would be the month that I would most expect, but don't rule out a possible change to draw in more sales if Nintendo are in trouble.

Fall 2014, bank on it! Zelda Wii U was in development before Skyward Sword even came out and they have a huge crew working on it. If it's not close to completion now something is horribly wrong. We were already promised that we would find out more about it at this year's E3... This is nothing new... Nintendo is always tight lipped about Zelda games. I would be shocked if it doesn't come out this year... They need to move systems now and a Zelda game could do just that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm banking on Spring 2015. I have no doubts that it's ready to be released this year, as (console) Zelda games have typically been released a year after their announcement, and Zelda Wii U was SUPPOSED to be revealed in 2013, but I don't think it will. Why? Smash. It would be very unwise for Nintendo to release new entries from two of their most iconic franchises around the same time -- much less their HD debuts -- because that would cut into both games' profits.

Holding Zelda off until Spring 2015 will also give the Big N more time to polish the game up and give us more information on it as time goes by, so it's beneficial for them in more ways than one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom