• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild When and where did you defeat and/ or encounter your first Guardian?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Tell your Guardian stories here!

Like pretty much everyone I'm sure, my first Guardian encounter was the ruined ones on the Plateau, and I just ran like a baby past them. My first Stalker encounter was the tower that's swarming with Guardians. My first defeat was after getting the ancient arrows from Robbie iirc, I shot the ruined guardian sitting outside the Akkala lab.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
First Guardian I came across was on the mountains near Kakariko. There was one roaming one of the higher areas that zapped me before I could bop down into the lower nearby valley area. I did make it down safely next time I tried though.

My first guardian encounter was the Eastern Abbey on the Great Plateau and it kind of set me up to be utterly terrified of them for a good portion of the game. That said, the first tower I activated after getting off the Plateau was Central Tower, and I hid behind every foothold on the way up. Spied my first active guardian stalker in Central Hyrule, but obviously I didn't engage it.

I think the first guardian I fought and destoryed (outside of the scouts inside shrines) was the decayed guardian on the way to the Akkala Tech Lab and I only did it as a last resort because I didn't want it freaking me out every time I went through there to light lanterns. I remember my first confrontation with a guardian stalker was my first attempt to assess Hyrule Castle Town. I came from the Woodlands to the north, over that bridge, and there was one on that island over there. After going through so many resources just to fell one, I made a strategic retreat™.

I don't think I ever really got guardian-slaying down until I stormed Hyrule Castle though. I kind of snuck in the back via the docks and went into the castle with stealth as my mission, but after some point I just was like... murdering them because there were too many reticles pointing at me like that one cat meme with the knives.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't remember which one I beat first. I don't really count the decayed guardians as first encounters tbh. My first stalker was the one at the ranch ruins. I was literally seconds off the great plateau for the first time and watched a star fall onto the field. I chased it down, but I didn't know stars vanish at sunrise so I just kept going. Ended up at the ranch. Tried to spy on the guardian but it saw me and chased me for several feet. I actually almost got away, but then. I turned the camera around. And there was a second guardian right next to me. eek. i died.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The decayed Guardian in the Eastern Abbey was my first and I decided to fight it head on instead of fleeing, and I died in my battle with it.

Before I even planned to do the no death run (that I need to get back to) I got my pay back.

I don't remember my first Guardian I defeated on my first playthrough, though. I know it wasn't until I got the Master Sword finally.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I really do not remember, but what I do remember was a rather surprising instance fighting a decayed guardian that was near the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. I went for a flank attack expecting it to shoot the beam right at me and kill me, only to find out it was targeting and shooting in the wrong direction. At the end of the fight I ended up victorious with not even a single bit of damage taken.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I really do not remember, but what I do remember was a rather surprising instance fighting a decayed guardian that was near the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. I went for a flank attack expecting it to shoot the beam right at me and kill me, only to find out it was targeting and shooting in the wrong direction. At the end of the fight I ended up victorious with not even a single bit of damage taken.
This was the first guardian I KILLED, but not the first one I experienced. I used my entire weapon inventory trying to kill it, which frustrated me

Don’t remember which one was first but I do know I was frightened stiff of them and that red beam still gets me but I’ve sussed them out now. I go looking for them for the treasure.
The flying ones round the Citadel are annoying ‘cos if you kill them from above you loose the treasure, by the time you’ve followed them all the way down to the bottom the treasure has disappeared!
The hardest ones, I find, are the Major test of Strength ones in the Shrines, I open the Shrine then go back later when I’m stronger to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom