• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your feel-good game?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
What game do you play when you're sick, or stressed out, or sad, that makes you feel a little bit better? That can calm you down and make you feel relaxed and safe?

For me it's Super Mario Sunshine. I can just go into the game and just be there in it. Just place Mario on the beach and watch, listen to the music and re-live old memories. Oh how I want a HD-remake of that... It would be nothing less than wonderous!

The Wind Waker
legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd---button-1559683061508.jpg

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Warhammer: Vermintide 2.

I like a game that lets me tune out at the end of a particularly long day, and Vermintide 2 is good at just that. You carve your way through rats, Chaos worshippers, and beastmen with some of the most visceral combat I've seen in a game. If you're a fan of Left 4 Dead, you're in the right place.

(Doesn't hurt that the developers have been adding new content to the game for two years now.)

ss_ed6a44942d80613b16e2312fd6c5263d35bfd1ba.1920x1080.jpg

Just look how happy that dwarf is to be there.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Oof, gotta be minecraft.

Nothing like starting up a brand new world,punching some trees, and losing yourself in the gentle gameplay loop of get material build base get better material build cooler base. Before you know it it's 3 am, and you have a small mansion in the woods full of equipment and supplies, safe and secure.

It checks all the comfort boxes: Simple, familiar, fun, and allows me to hoard dozens of chests full of items and cackle at my wealth!

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Definitely NOT majora’s Mask. I love the game, but makes me feel stressed, you know, the time passing. I started playing Tp after play MM, and it was so weird, not having to rush around everywhere lol.

Mine would be BOTW. I just love riding on my horse through the fields and doing small side quests. There’s no pressure, which I love. BOTW is just a relaxing game to me. You could make it hard, and stressful, if you go and try to kill a lynel or something. But you also could turn it into a peaceful, relaxing game to pass your time.

Botw is just a very amazing game. I am so glad I am alive at this time period to play it.

Definitely NOT majora’s Mask. I love the game, but makes me feel stressed, you know, the time passing. I started playing Tp after play MM, and it was so weird, not having to rush around everywhere lol.

Mine would be BOTW. I just love riding on my horse through the fields and doing small side quests. There’s no pressure, which I love. BOTW is just a relaxing game to me. You could make it hard, and stressful, if you go and try to kill a lynel or something. But you also could turn it into a peaceful, relaxing game to pass your time.

Botw is just a very amazing game. I am so glad I am alive at this time period to play it.

I feel that way about MM too. I love it but oh my gaaaaawd the stress!

Quin

Disaster Master
I have a couple of these. Games I can always come back to, play for a bit and relax. Sometimes inbetween games or sometimes when I feel like I don't wanna play anything else.
I still play smash almost daily, and if not that, at the very least once a week. a few matches against just CPU can already do the job for me.
I can always turn on Panel De Pon in my downtime and it never gets old. Used to bring my Micro with me to work so I could play the actual pretty good GBA version in my breaks at work.
And Monster Hunter. Just turn it on and do a few hunts. Always stays fun.

I guess I can count TWW and LA DX as a feel good game too, since I replay them almost yearly, but thats not really something I just put in after a hard day. I mostly just choose a time to replay them and then put them down after I'm finished for a while again.

BOTW was one for a long time too. I just sometime turned on my completed file and screwed around in the world, but I guess I got bored of doing that. Still lasted me for longer than a year though

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I don't play games when I'm sad but otherwise, the grand theft auto games, specifically vice city [yeah, big surprise], I just like to get lost in the 80s music, the scenery, the sound effects, and I've gotten well re adjusted to how the game controls so that's a non issue, it's just the easiest game for me to kill some time on

Kind of like markasscop, I don't usually play games when I'm sad. To a certain point anyway. Games take a certain amount of mental stamina for me to play and if I'm too out of it, I just can't play. It's a little easier for me with handheld games, because I can just like curl up in a ball of crises and still have the ability to play something simple. Any of the mainline Rune Factory games probably fit the bill for that, for me.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos

Breath of the wild is miraculous because you can play the entire game, right up to the Ganon fight, and never kill a single non-Ganon enemy if I remember correctly. You can just go full pacifist, run around with your camera trying to set up sweet shots of wildlife or enemies in outlandish scenarios, steal treasure to buy a house, build a village, catch ALL the horses, bake a cake, solve villager requests / side quests, find all the koroks, ride a bear, and glide around while marveling at the world and the scenery in it.

I'm with everyone who said Breath of the Wild. When I'm stressed I'll play on my original save file and just ride around. It's just so relaxing.

Tetris 99 and Mario Kart (any of them) are other games that I grab to relax and play. With them I think it's the fact that it's such a short pick-up-and-play situation and I just need a little escape without feeling like I have to give it a big time commitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom