• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favourite Pokémon Generation/Game?

What is your favourite generation?

• Total voters

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
What is your favourite generation? Or perhaps your favourite game may even be a spin off title?

For me due to nostalgia Gen 4 has a solid place in my heart - I sunk countless hours into playing it as a kid when it came out so maybe the memories just bring me back to a time in my life with few worries or responsibilities.

Since then the game I've had the most enjoyment from is honestly Pokemon Violet. Despite all of the bugs and issues surrounding the release I've had a real blast with the game and the DLC additions so I'm satisfied and looking forward to see what comes next.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
5 hands down. It’s honestly the only one I ever really see myself returning to in the future. It’s the only generation that feels like it doesn’t suffer from being filled with abhorrent balancing and team building issues like gens 1-4 while also not being overly gimmicky and half finished like 6-9. It’s like Game Freak and the Pokemon company sat down and decided that they were going to really try their hardest to make Pokemon as good as it could be, only to find out that actually putting in effort just lead to slightly lower sales and a bunch of people whining about a trash bag so they stopped caring afterwards.

I never actually played Platinum though, and I’ve heard that it fixes a lot of the issues I had with Diamond and Pearl, so maybe someday I’ll try that one.

Last edited:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I started with gen 2, and it'll most likely always be number one for me (especially if the series keeps on going as it has been for the past couple of gens). I don't know how many times I've replayed the gen 2 games by now, they're just that good.
But gen 5 comes close for me, I really wish they had kept going in that direction instead of what they did with gen 6...

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
3rd gen is my absolute favorite, it has my heart.

1 will always be special to me because it was my first pokemon game, I played it back in the day when it was first released (because I am OLD) and I’ve been in love with pokemon ever since!

I can vividly remember being absolutely FLOORED (heh) by the elevator when I was playing red, and I ran up to my parents to show them how cool it was.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
3 by merits of having 2 of my favorites in the series (FireRed and Emerald), and a big bonus to gen 3 is having the anime season that basically got me into the series in the first place, being Advanced Battle

I don't have a preference and I liked playing all the Pokemon games I have played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom