• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD What's with the blocks on the outer wall of Lanayru Mining Facility?

Skyward Sword HD

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Hi, I'm trying to 100% Skyward Sword one more time before Tears of the Kingdom comes out, and there's an oddity at the exterior walls of Lanayru Mining Facility. The stone blocks sticking out of the ground level walls are not sticking out equally far. Most of them have the bigger block maybe three quarters of the way out, and the smaller block on top is 100% out.

But two block pairs are different. You can even see it on the map:

zelda sws 1.jpg

The smaller block on the eastern wall is all the way in, and the bigger block is sticking out just a small bit.

zelda sws 3.jpg

While the southern wall has the smaller block sticking out a bit, and the bigger block a bit more, but noticably less then all other blocks.

zelda sws 2.jpg

The sun pattern on the blocks sides is a useful way to compare the blocks with the other blocks.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to pull these blocks all the way out, or to push the others back in, and I can't find a switch or lever to move them. The blocks aren't bombable, and the other items are equally useless.

The walkthrough on this page only deals with how to get inside the Mining Facility, and what to do once you're inside. Googling "Lanayru Mining Facility Blocks outside" only leads to other walkthroughs, and none of them seem to address the blocks at all.

But this drives me nuts. There has to be a reason for this inconsistency. And I have no idea what it is. Is there a treasure behind it? An easter egg? A fairy fountain? Demise's trading card collection? Anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom