• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the Best Way to Get Rupees in Wind Waker?

I picked up Wind Waker a week or two ago and right now I've got all the Triforce charts. Only problem is it costs quite a few Rupees to get them deciphered. I have all the quivers, all the bomb bags, all the bottles and the Giants Wallet, but I just can't seem to find any places with lot's of Rupees, any help? Oh and I've cashed in all my tingle statues.

What I like to do is go around Windfall Island and smash the random vases that are spread around. All together, you'll get about 50 rupees each time you do it. Once you break every pot and collect their rupees, go inside a house or building, and come back out. The vases will be back and you can collect more rupees. It might take a while, but at least you don't have to keep exploring different areas.

P

pokemainiac

Better idea, hold your sword up to Tingle and threaten him. Failing that, try using some other charts to pull up some silver rupees from the ocean floor.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I, will give you my most secret WW secret of all time! The single most best way to get Rupees in WW! So hear it is, and listen well. First sail to the Wind Temple, go inside, and in the first room in the temple (where there is a Wizardrobe and a Stalfos) on the floor (by the Stalfos) there will be one of those transporting pot things get on and fall inside, it will have transported you to the room with the Boss Door(if you the pot isn't blocked on the other side). When Link lands in the room there will be six pots one has Faeries, one has Hearts, and three have rupees, the last one I'm not for sure. You make approximately 78 rupees per trip, and you can do this over and over. (you don't have to leave the temple then come back later) So I hope this helps you.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
secret way to get ruppees

first go to dragon roost island, then blow up all the rocks you see(includibng the one up high that says look up) then after getting the ruppees from the chest blow up rocks on the ground till you find a hole its a mini dungeon destroy the baddies and then go to the place with chest break the pots for over 100 ruppees(correct me if im wrong) then leave the mini dungeon then come back and do the mini dungeon thing over again oh break the pillers(sorry if this was long:()

I just like to fish for stuff. Just make sure you get your wallet upgraded first (which you've probably already done). Most of the minor glowing spots are rupees, and you don't get to put them back because your wallet's full. (Ironic that when such a feature was introduced in TP, it was just annoying. But I digress.)

Alternatively, just sail around for a while until those barrels start appearing with the flags. Then sail between them and barrels with rupees above them will start appearing. It takes a while, but if you get good at the game, they really add up.

You can also sell stuff to Beedle, but I haven't tried it yet.

There's also the mail-sorting mini-game on Dragon Roost, but I'm not very good at it so I can't make much money that way.

Those boats that shoot bombs at you sometimes drop whole chests of rupees that you can then fish up with the Grappling Hook. Even when they don't, they (like many enemies on the open sea) often drop those color-changing balls. If you're quick with the boomerang, you can hit those when they're green and then pick up most of the rupees.

If all else fails, you could always politely suggest to Tingle that you need the charts deciphered because you're saving the world and his sorry hind end along with it. I'm sure he'll give you a discount. Tingle is always so reasonable. Right? ...Right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom