• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's in a Name?

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
A question I have always thought of and about. I am a person who sort of believes in fate. For some reason, I always think that names have something to deal with the future of people. The only thing that throws those name theories away from my mind is the reality of it all. I find that the people I meet and who share the same names usually differ and may have some sort of similarity. The final decision in my mind that wrapped things up was when I met another person sharing my name. His ego is nothing like mine. I met him while playing some golf. I made a shot similar to his and he immediatle stated, "We're alike." An explosion blew in my head at that moment though I kept my cool. I really didn't see the similar fates that names have. As Shakespeare wrote down, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

So what do you think about names in the sense that names carry a fate?

I don't think so. Names are manmade concepts for easier communication and identification. And someone's "fate" is just the outcome of their actions, the outcome of others' actions, and, in some instances, nature. I think the what you mentioned in the OP was nothing more than a coincidence. Everyone has similarities and differences, and I think that has nothing to do with what they're named.

The only thing I've noticed when it comes to a person's name is their age . . . I mean, it's weird. When you think of the name Ethel or Edeth or something you picture an old person, but it's strange because they were a kid once . . .

Idk, I hate my name, that's all I know. Hopefully it is part of some whole grand scheme so I could get something out of it.

Dan

The name it does nothing ! Unless it's a nickname then I'll go with what HoTty said.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Hmm depends on the name. But a name really has no power except for giving something that people can call you by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom