• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Will Zelda U Look Like and Most Importnatly How Will It Play?

There has been scarce information about Zelda U and it is driving me crazy as many of you already know there was rumor about Zelda U looks like a more graphically enhanced and detailed version of skyward sword "I've seen a grown up Link who looks like a much higher detailed Link from Skyward Sword “Wii U daily but what exactly would that look like I have no idea. There is also a rumor from the same source that basically states the Zelda WiiU will fully utilize the gamepad but does that mean no more of the brilliantly executed motion controls that were in skyward sword, which I found in my humble opinion to be the best control scheme in the franchise. Please tell me your thoughts in the comment section below.

It's okay to like the motion controls in Skyward Sword. I'm certainly not going to argue with you, since I liked them as well, but I believe Miyamoto and Aonuma have stated that they're aware that people weren't fond of the motion controls, so if Skyward Sword used the Wii controls to its fullest, then the same may be the case with the Wii U's game use of the GamePad. As for adult Link, are you sure you're not thinking of the Wii U tech demo? What source are you even referring to?

Mido

Version 1
I'll be honest, I was never a real fan of the motion controls, but heck they were incredibly innovative! (Especially in SS's case) Now if the Wii U game in the future is going to be similar to the tech demo shown, I imagine that the graphical appearances will be as shown.
With the Wii U controller, the game will most likely revert to the classical controller controls. Also, from what I recall in the demo, the equipment menu will be on the gamepad screen, which will allow swift equipment management. There could also be some motion involved, like if there was a Beetlelike item in use, the player could tilt the gamepad to control it, similar to Arkham City's remote batarang.

Last edited:

Deeds

no text
Of course, it's impossible to tell what it will look like at this time, same with how it'll play. I'm guessing that they'll show us the visuals at the next E3. We can talk about what we'd like of Zelda U, though. I'd like a mixture of motion controls, with creative utilization of the gamepad.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm hoping for a Wii U Tech Demo likeness as far as visuals are concerned, or what is otherwise an HD Twilight Princess with more colors than your standard greens, greys and browns. Just, don't overload it like Skyward Sword did; for a painting, it used far too many colors personally speaking.

As for gameplay, have a non-motion control, non-gimmicky playstyle. You know, where the controls seamlessly warp you into the game world, not where the controls constantly remind you that you're in fact playing a game. For more information on what I wish I could say regarding controls, check this post out.

M

Morty

Some random stuff that just popped up in my mind when thinking about what Zelda U could be like, it's more about what I think is likely for Nintendo to do than what I would like them to do.

Wiimote + and nunchuck for general gameplay, sword fighting (since Nintendo seemed to want to keep those controls around for a while, according to what Miyamoto said)

The theme of the game will be dreams and a book that ties into that, the story will revolve around it and there will be a dream world (book of dreams?)

Gamepad will be used as a book in which things can be written/drawn to make various stuff happen ingame (maybe even Hylian script to some extent). Also, maps will be in this book and notes can be scribbled on them. Items will also be available from the book/dream world (might even explain how Link keeps all his items around in the first place).
Included with the game will come a enlarged stylus that looks like a fountain pen or quill.

Second player can pick up the book/gamepad while the first player keeps using the Wiimote + and nunchuck.

Graphics/artstyle will be a hybrid between the 2011 E3 tech demo (since it was extremely well received by the fans) and the Skyward Sword waterpaint style (think a little in the lines of Star Wars; The Clone Wars).

As for the main villain, I think they won't go with Ganon(dorf) this time. They might come up with something completely new for the villain or come back with someone else like Vaati.

There, just some random ideas.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's impossible for us to take a guess at what Zelda will do next as you stated; there has been little information if any. I wouldn't believe in such rumours yet but I would think that Zelda Wii U will follow on from Twilight Princess graphics wise, with some brighter colours thrown in. To be honest I think it's no coincidence that they showed us that tech demo and I wouldn't be surprised if the final game did look similar to that if not the same.

Gameplay wise I think the Gamepad will be featured, well of course it will, this is the Wii U installment so for it not to utilise what makes that console unique would be frankly naive. However I think it will make use of a lot of features on the Gamepad alone, I think button and stick control will be the main way to play, however I think we will be able to sue the touchscreen efficiently as well as the gyroscope. There alone you have three ways to play, so i think it's unlikely that Wii Motion + will return as the Gamepad alone is "exceedingly" better and more innovative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom