• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Zelda Be Like After Skyward Sword?

Ganondork

goo
Well, I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with this. The release of Skyward Sword will be bought, played and replayed until the next game comes out. Nothing will really change from how it normally is. Nothing changed when A Link to the Past was released, nothing changed when Ocarina of Time was released and so forth. We played them, enjoyed them, but we still get excited for the next installment of the Zelda Series. How it could possibly change, well, I don't know.

As for your comment about taking a step back by using buttons again, I greatly disagree. Motion gaming has gotten to a point where it's actually work and not a game. It's fun to wave your hand to swing a sword, but it's another thing to have to stand up while you play a game. It hardly affects me, but some of my friends consistently complain about how they're overdoing motion gaming. I think that motion gaming has had its time like music gaming such as Guitar Hero, and it needs to be put to rest before it's over killed.

Azure Sage said:
I mean, when was the last bad Zelda game? (CDi games don't count.) Never, that's when.

I don't see why the CDi games are so greatly disliked. i've watched DARK MASTER play Wand of Gamelon and I greatly enjoyed it. I suppose as a Zelda game it was bad, but I thought that had it been its own series, it wouldn't have received quite as much hate as it actually received. I found the cutscenes to be humorous, and the actual gameplay to just be Adventure of Link with better graphics.

Now, as for what the general consensus says, Four Swords Adventure is one of the more disliked Zelda games. I don't see why, but my opinion doesn't really make the general opinion. Gameinformer said it didn't meet the Zelda standard, and that just might be it, but I still don't see it. Twilight Princess - like the CDi games - wasn't really good as a Zelda game, but as its own, it would have been just fine. Personally, I also disagree with this, but whatever.

Azure Sage said:
But I'm willing to bet there was still a hype. That's the point; there is always a hype, whether it's a lot or a little.

Also untrue. The Oracle Games were released in the Gameboy Color's older days, so it was greatly ignored by quite a few Zelda fans. The fact that not everybody has played it yet has added to the reasons why so many Zelda fans want it on the eShop for the 3DS. Also, Wind Waker was originally met with cries of disapproval. Wind Waker generated nearly no hype in the beginning.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
With the SS release date fast approaching, What will zelda be like after SS? For example, we know nintendo is planning for a Zelda WiiU game sometime in the future. How will the controls work for that game? The WiiU controller is confirmed to have buttons, but using buttons to control Link would be a step BACK for nintendo. Right now in our state of Knowledge nintendo doesn't have motion controls more advanced than WiiMotionPlus. So what are they going to do?

I'm sure that the motion controls won't be as big of a hit as the Z-Targeting was or the jump inot 3D. SS will just be the regular 3D Zelda game that we have waited to get our hands on for nearly 5 years. When I compare SS to any other Zelda game I see that it has many good things from the older 3D Zelda games mixed with it's own thing.

It has the many side-quests just like MM had, But magnified.
It is a hybrid between the graphics of WW and TP.
It's story will fill in some fo the blanks in OoT.
The Sky overworld can be compared to The Great Sea overworld from WW.

I'm one of the people that think sSS will just be another good 3D Zelda game, And it won't disappoint me just like no-other Zelda game has. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom