• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Happen to Skyloft

purplelink

Who started saying Big Mood
Could Skyloft become Death Mountain? Ok this is just a weird thought I had with no actual evidence but what do you think.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't think so. There is a prominent mountain in the surroundings of the demo field that could be Death Mountain. I assume you're referring to Link causing the separated lands to come back together? I'm not ready to make that assumption yet; I think it's more likely, given connections to other games, that Skyloft stays in the sky.

Djinn

and Tonic
Until I actually get a better look at Skyloft with a few more pics of various locations, I do not think I could give any type of answer. So far the only pic shown that is definitely Skyloft is the cliff from the short scene where Link dives off into the clouds. It is still unknown if the larger promotion pic that has the oversized tree in it depicts a part of Skyloft or the world below. So until we know what Skyloft actually looks like there is nothing but conjecture at the moment.

There is still a lot of speculation on Skyloft eventually becoming the City in the Sky from TP, or the Wind Tribe home from MC. The real problem is we have so little information that there is no way of knowing right now. Skyloft very well could be a floating palace like the city in TP. And that one spot Link dives off of was one of the few grassy areas. Or it could be a floating island with dirt, grass, etc.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Djinn I have assumed the same thing...That's why I wonder if the Oocca or the Sky People will be in the game? Than again the City in the Sky could either be an expansion of Skyloft or a totally different place all together. We won't really know until the game comes out as Nintendo isn't like Sony or Microsoft, they don't like sharing too many specifics.....Dammit Miyamoto I wanna know moreeeeeeeeeeeee

Until I actually get a better look at Skyloft with a few more pics of various locations, I do not think I could give any type of answer. So far the only pic shown that is definitely Skyloft is the cliff from the short scene where Link dives off into the clouds. It is still unknown if the larger promotion pic that has the oversized tree in it depicts a part of Skyloft or the world below. So until we know what Skyloft actually looks like there is nothing but conjecture at the moment.

There is still a lot of speculation on Skyloft eventually becoming the City in the Sky from TP, or the Wind Tribe home from MC. The real problem is we have so little information that there is no way of knowing right now. Skyloft very well could be a floating palace like the city in TP. And that one spot Link dives off of was one of the few grassy areas. Or it could be a floating island with dirt, grass, etc.

I'm assuming you're talking about this:
the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20101221092322602.jpg

If you are, this actually is the demo area, so it has been confirmed to be in 'the land below'. Skyloft hasn't been shown at all.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Im pressuming the land below is Hyrule...and the only clip we get of Skyloft is Link jumping...very difficult to tell if skyloft relates to the City in the sky or is a new thing altogether....

and anyone think that the tree might be the Great Deku tree or one of its ancestors?

Djinn

and Tonic
That would be the pic yes. I have heard speculation on both sides but I am happy with it being the world below and not some natural location in Skyloft.

So right now this is the best we have to go by for Skyloft.
547572_0.png

Looks like I was mistaken, the cliff is not grassy at all. But rocky and gray. Personally I hope some previous concepts are brought back in this game such as the Realm of the Heavens and Palace of Winds.
RealmoftheHeavens.jpg

I liked the designs used there so much more than the more mechanical City in the Sky.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm assuming you're talking about this:
the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20101221092322602.jpg

If you are, this actually is the demo area, so it has been confirmed to be in 'the land below'. Skyloft hasn't been shown at all.

Actually, it has been confirmed that the area in the demo is not in the final game at all. As for what happens to Skyloft, it probably just remains where it is. We have seen other sky area like the Cloud Tops from MC and the City in the Sky from TP, so we could guess that something caused Skyloft to split up, and this could have forced the people to move out of Skyloft and develop in the land below, most likely Hyrule. In MC, the Cloud Tops is a pretty clean area, compared to what we see in TP. The City in the Sky looks like a run down area with many cracks and broken bridges, which could have been caused by monster like
Argorok.
So this could possibly by a hint that Skyloft was abandoned, but there were some Oocca that continued to live up in the skies.

Actually, it has been confirmed that the area in the demo is not in the final game at all. As for what happens to Skyloft, it probably just remains where it is. We have seen other sky area like the Cloud Tops from MC and the City in the Sky from TP, so we could guess that something caused Skyloft to split up, and this could have forced the people to move out of Skyloft and develop in the land below, most likely Hyrule. In MC, the Cloud Tops is a pretty clean area, compared to what we see in TP. The City in the Sky looks like a run down area with many cracks and broken bridges, which could have been caused by monster like
Argorok.
So this could possibly by a hint that Skyloft was abandoned, but there were some Oocca that continued to live up in the skies.

This is not completely true, it will be in the game, but not as it is in the demo. The area will be split up and the layout will probably change as well, that's probably why the area in the demo didn't really make sense layout-wise, to me at least. It's like there's no goal to the place, no place to go, especially as it's confirmed to be a field area.

i heard i an interview with aonuma at e3 last year that in the end skyloft is joined with hyrule and the people in skyloft become hylains.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
It would kinda make sense because if you think about it in the end we all know that Link will prevail and peace will return to Hyrule so it is evident that Hyrule could merge with Skyloft again...Than again aonuma could be tricking us, cuz he basically spoiled the ending which Miyamoto may not like LMAO

F

fartacus

I think that Death mountain will be a game location.In Twilight Princess, when you do the sword training thingies, you go to a cloudy world that has a castle in the background. Maybe that is what Skyloft becomes.

How will Skyloft be Death Mountain. I thinks its more like Skyloft will be left alone for many years or something like that.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I just think it'll merge with Hyrule again. If not than it will become its own separate "world" like its been ever since it split with Hyrule. Plus we don't know how big skyloft will be....If it's as big as Hyrule it may a mirror world of Hyrule with a different geography reflecting the hearts of its people, or it could only be a small island in the sky....until it comes out we won't know right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom