• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What makes you anxious?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Things that make you anxious or uncomfortable, and maybe you aren't sure why.

For some reason hearing people talk really quickly gives me anxiety, like I can't breathe

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
overall not many external stuff bothers me really

not many anxiety triggers other than intrusive thoughts and some random obsessions
I guess maybe my fear of heights

people handling some types of polystyrenes and plastics noises just makes my skin crawl in a really unpleasant way

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
New situations, amongst other things. Being in new situations is the worst for me. I like it when I'm familiar with things and just staying in my comfort zone. I have big issues with moving outside my comfort zone. I'm the king inside it, but a pawn outside...

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Being in crowded places, speaking, balloons, being around animals (though I've gotten over that with cats but most all other animals do), needles, taking bigger pills, using a public restroom.

With being in crowded places I find that sometimes I unintentionally hold my breath a bit until I can get to a clearing. Or if it's crowded but not packed, I tend to do this thing with my hands where I'll tap each finger to my thumb on the same hand while walking around.

With speaking it's the typical public speaking like a lot of people, but also just speaking to anyone in general, even my family/friends can make me anxious. Only speaking out loud though. Sometimes I have to repeat something over and over in my head (could be as simple as "hey wanna watch this movie") until I either just say it or don't.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Asking for a raise. I've been saying I'm gonna do it for weeks but every time the opportunity comes up I just freeze.

Also, performing gives me intense anxiety every time I have to do it, which is strange because I absolutely love performing. Its just one of those things I suppose that you love doing but it scares the hell out of you. Although, the adrenaline the anxiety causes me typically makes me perform better so maybe it's a good thing?

Oh, I almost forgot to mention being a passenger in pretty much any kind of vehicle. When I'm behind the wheel I'm fine, but due to having been a passenger involved in several car accidents, I have a general distrust for drivers when I am not the one in control. Whenever somebody is driving me somewhere, I am constantly alert and every approaching vehicle, no matter how far away, makes me brace myself. Doesn't matter how well the driver is driving, if I am not the one in control, I am constantly paranoid and anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom