• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What makes for a better compilation?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
We've seen a ton of game compilations come out over the years, even some of the same games. However, some of them prioritize bonus features over the amount of games. The main example I think of is Mega Man, there was the Anniversary Collection on 6th gen consoles that had 1 - 8 plus both Power Battle games, and the modern Legacy Collections that split the games but included a lot of features in their compilations instead of having a single collection w/ everything.
So basically, should the amount of games in a collection be more important? Or is it preferred to have a lot of bonus features, including gameplay bonuses like a speed function or something? Both would be better of course what do you think is better if it had to be one or the other?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
More and better versions of games. I probably won't tune into much of the extra content, so I'd just look for more games.

And if you're Konami maybe making the games play at greater than 720p on PC. :eyes:

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Yeah, unless those bonus features are jaw-dropping game-changing life-alteringly good, gimme the more games. More bang for your buck. More longevity.
yeah I'm talking like how the modern Mega Man collections had the easy modes

right after posting this thread, I realized that I should've reworked it into something else, but ah well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom