• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Language Do You Play Your Zelda Games In?

bunny

birb overlord
English. However, I've been translating what people are saying in the games into Japanese in my head lately. For practice, I suppose. It's fun. xD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I play most of my Zelda games in the Japanese language; it allows me to obtain the full breadth of what Nintendo was trying to convey, which is a good thing. I've played every main entry in Japanese with the exception of Ocarina of Time (hey Van, why don't you let me borrow that? ;) ) and the Oracle series, which I've played in American English as well as British English just for the hell of it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You mean the English versions for the U.S. and Britain are different?

So...what? Does the British version throw in the gratuitous use of phrases like "bloody", "blimey" and "wanker"?
The English between US and Britain aren't noticeably different; there are words like "favorite" in America where its spelled "favourite", and things like that. Also, there are glitches in the US versions of Zelda that the PAL copies do not have and vice versa. And finally, the most useless of playing a different version is the color of the Nintendo logo. As I recall, in the three different ALttP GBA copies (Japanese, NA and PAL), the colors are Blue, Red and Green, respectively. ;)

English. The reason as to why a native speaker would want play it in any language besides their own is beyond me... :/

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I play in English, mainly because it is the only language I am fluent in. I am doing Japanese next year in school though so I might give a Zelda game a go in Japanese to either help me learn or test myself.

Since a Dutch Zelda doesn't exist, I play the American Englisch version, because that's the language I understand the best, besides Dutch, of course.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I have played them all in English as that is my primary language. However, I have played OoT and MM and attempted ALttP in Japanese. I have also played TWW in Spanish because I was curious as to name changes and there were many...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom