• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Animated Television Series?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
With the wide variety of animated television shows there are, every person is bound to have a favorite, or a few they particularly like. It doesn't matter what country it was made in, how many episodes it had, or what style of animation it uses. So, what is your favorite animated television series, and what about it appeals to you? If you don't have a defined favorite, then what animated television shows do you like?

For me, I don't have a favorite animated show. I have plenty I like, like the anime Sword Art Online, but I can't choose between them. They're all too good...

D

Deleted member 81859

I am a die hard Gravity Falls fan, it is coming off hiatus in three days and I am hyped AF. It's a grusomely dark horror/mystery/supernatural masterpiece with hidden messages and codes within the show. Esentially, think Supernatural and Twin Peaks hiding behind colorful and cute Disney jokes ( It's so good. Binge the show. Just do it.) As for anime, I love Cowboy Bebop, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Fairy Tail, and once upon a time Naruto as well.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I am a die hard Gravity Falls fan, it is coming off hiatus in three days and I am hyped AF. It's a grusomely dark horror/mystery/supernatural masterpiece with hidden messages and codes within the show. Esentially, think Supernatural and Twin Peaks hiding behind colorful and cute Disney jokes ( It's so good. Binge the show. Just do it.) As for anime, I love Cowboy Bebop, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Fairy Tail, and once upon a time Naruto as well.
Can't wait for the next Gravity Falls episode! Its so close, yet so far...

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I don't really have a favorite show. But there are plenty of animated shows that I like. I personally enjoy Adventure Time, Regular Show, Dragon Ball (Z and GT included), Gravity Falls, Bravest Warriors, Log Horizon, and Sword Art Online.
I agree with (almost) all of those!

Mido

Version 1
A great thread, if I do say so myself!

I suppose it is kind of difficult for me to choose my favorite animated series because of the wide scope of animation out there! I would say, however, that my favorite animated series is a toss up between Xiaolin Showdown and Codename: Kids Next Door. Both shows have excellent characters and craft immersive universes in which one can easily grow attached. I'll leave anime off my list at this time, since I want to keep this brief!

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Digimon Adventure definitely ranks as my favorite animated television series. With incredible focus on each characters in it's rather large cast and a grand over-arching story made out of episodes that each mostly work by themselves as well told stories, this is truly a series that others should look at as a gold standard among animation. If only it hadn't been on when Pokemon was at it's peak, I think it's a series that would have been ingrained in many people's childhood memories. I think those that haven't given this a watch through, the English dub is even somewhat decent, should go watch it as soon as they can. You're missing out on a great series if you don't.

Mine would have to be "Teen Titans", and not its modern, lackluster counterpart with "Go" in its title.

If it was limited to anime, that would definitely be "Sword Art Online".

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Different shows appeal to me for very different reasons so I'm not sure I can name a definitive favourite in terms of animated TV shows.

Shows like South Park and Drawn Together appeal to me with their in-your-face humour, satire and general inappropriateness, and, when I'm in the mood for it, Family Guy is good for mindless entertainment I don't have to think about if I don't want to.

As a kid I watched a lot of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Lilo & Stitch: The Series and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, which I enjoyed for vastly different reasons.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I would say as a cartoon Hey Arnald or chalk zone.

Anime AotBS or JoJo(though I wish O could still find the manga.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom