• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What is "The Skyward Sword"?

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
We already know that it's about forging the master sword, But what is THE skyward sword? Ocarina of time it was the "Ocarina of Time". So will skyward sword be about the skyward sword somehow?

sikora360

TetraForce FTW
skyward sword= goddess' sword. The skyward sword is another name for it, and the plot is based on this mystical sword.

the harp/lyre is the instrument.

EDIT: and i dont think that the legend of zelda: the goddess' sword sounds very good, it might attract the attention of the vatican or church groups cause of the fact that in the game there are 3 goddess' instead of 1 God.

EDIT 2: and we have seen the Vatican take action toward the zelda series, they pressured Nintendo to change the shield design from the christian cross to the triforce and such.

Last edited:
The vatican and the churches can suck it... It's a medieval game design so it'll have medieval ideas. If they don't like it they don't have to play it, it's no reason for them to get in a tiffy. Entertainment in the form of fantasy is perfectly fine as long as the people know the difference between what's reality and what's not. I've yet to see someone that is so totally absorbed by video games and such that they don't know the boundaries of the physical and real world so I don't really see how it's a problem, everyone knows this isn't real. If the church makes a big deal about it than they're definitely overreacting and can get over themselves.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
The vatican and the churches can suck it... It's a medieval game design so it'll have medieval ideas. If they don't like it they don't have to play it, it's no reason for them to get in a tiffy. Entertainment in the form of fantasy is perfectly fine as long as the people know the difference between what's reality and what's not. I've yet to see someone that is so totally absorbed by video games and such that they don't know the boundaries of the physical and real world so I don't really see how it's a problem, everyone knows this isn't real. If the church makes a big deal about it than they're definitely overreacting and can get over themselves.
Well, "The Skyward Sword" Slips of the tounge very good. Plus its all about the sky, so...yeah

Well, "The Skyward Sword" Slips of the tounge very good. Plus its all about the sky, so...yeah

I know. I for one prefer The Skyward Sword over The Goddess Sword... Skyward Sword just sounds mystical and amazing while Goddess Sword just sounds kinda blah... I was talking about what sikora was saying about the church getting in a tiff over it.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
My interpretation is this:

Goddess' Sword
- the actual physical sword is the Goddess' Sword, as in the sword used to belong to the goddess, or is related to the goddess somehow (wait, wasn't the goddess holding a sword in the opening scene? o_O). The fact that the name has a possessive term on it (Goddess') makes me think it is only the physical blade. Why would anyone actually own a spirit (Phi), and take possession over it?

Skyward Sword
- I think it includes both the Goddess' Sword and Phi because of the two meanings confirmed by Nintendo on the name: Skyward meaning "to the sky"; and Skyward meaning "sky protector". The second one is what makes me think that the term "Skyward Sword" also includes Phi, because Phi, as a spirit, is in a way, a kind of protector.

PS: Why does the Vatican care about Nintendo so much? How much power over the people do they think Nintendo has? Are they afraid Nintendo will spawn a new religion against them similar to how the protestants protested against the Roman Catholic Church? o_O

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think the Skyward Sword is an unconfirmed form the Goddess Sword takes, and it will bear more significance than the GS. Ultimately it'll become the Master Sword, of course, but there is likely more before that time.

I think the "Skyward Sword" [the name] sort of functions as a placeholder name. In other words, I think it is simply just a kind of moniker for the Goddess' Sword.

The link included above is an old theory of mine that might expound a bit on what I mean...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom