• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the origin of the mysterious rudimentary Royal Crest found throughout the Zelda series?

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
I've noticed a lot of the games in the series have Loftwing depictions with a rudimentary design, symbolizing what looks like the Royal Crest, but not exactly. Royal Crest is more intricate, but the simplistic depictions. Sometimes found on structures, and even the latest depiction being the simplified Crest on top of metal crates in Breath of the Wild. It seems like a group of people created the symbol as worship to the royal family, but mostly as an alliance. Could this be evidence of Zonai in previous games? Or am I looking too far into this.

While I don't see the Zonai connection here, I think that the best game theories come about when looking into things "too far," then taking it further. Lay your reasoning on me, and don't spare the rabbit trails.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
While I don't see the Zonai connection here, I think that the best game theories come about when looking into things "too far," then taking it further. Lay your reasoning on me, and don't spare the rabbit trails.
I always found the Zonai ruins to be a primitive tribal looking area, possibly taking inspiration from Mayan structures or something to that effect. That being said, even though it's obvious that's no longer the truth shown in Tears of the Kingdom, the Ruins themselves show that they're not the best in sculpting art. Even if they are, it's possible that, since they were around when the Kingdom was first established. A primitive Crest before the final design was made is understandable. It's just a rough guess. I'm by no means a Zonai expert. But that's my possible basis for the theory.

I always found the Zonai ruins to be a primitive tribal looking area, possibly taking inspiration from Mayan structures or something to that effect. That being said, even though it's obvious that's no longer the truth shown in Tears of the Kingdom, the Ruins themselves show that they're not the best in sculpting art. Even if they are, it's possible that, since they were around when the Kingdom was first established. A primitive Crest before the final design was made is understandable. It's just a rough guess. I'm by no means a Zonai expert. But that's my possible basis for the theory.
It's only the case that Thyphlo ruins were not built by the Zonai. The others still retain likely connections with the Zonai, and the three labyrinths are, as far as I know, confirmed to be Zonai. With the ruins being built by ancient Hylians to honor the Zonai, it makes sense that they would replicate the Zonai architecture. So, that connection is still solid.

I think that as the kingdom shifted from Zonai led to Hylian led, the symbols changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom