• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What IS the Forest Temple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLuigi

Theorist
From the outside, it appears to be some sort of mansion/castle type deal. Walking inside you are greeted by a couple of trees. A little further to the door and you have some nice framework for the door itself.

forest-temple-oot2.jpg

Stone bricks, Triforce crest in the middle of the framework's roof.

We walk thought he door and are greeted by an elevator and four torches. Now this thread can pertain to the poe sisters, speculate and theorize all you want about it, it's pretty interesting.

zelda_oot_ht3_640w.jpg

Now we walk back out and see the front. Notice the roof, it's like a building on a building.

I personally believe this is a castle once belonging to the Royal Family. It may be appear in Skyward Sword, possibly at the end of the game.

I took some photos. Whenever I was in the courtyard I heard the room with the ReDeads and my hair stood up.
I'm pretty well, disturbed and in shock right now. Just look at the photos and theorize.

Now in one of these you can see the castle turrets in the courtyard. But calling it a courtyard in a castle is just me, call it whatever you like.

In one of the photos a spider web covering a hole is shown, I don't think that passage is suppose to be a part from the dungeon itself as in the castle is abandoned, probably an invading enemy, I don't suppor that theory.

Attachments

• THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-19.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-19.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 16
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-17.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-17.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 14
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-11.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-11.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 14
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-16.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-16.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 19
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-13.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-13.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-1.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 20
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-0.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-0.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 20
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-2.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 19
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-4.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 23
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-13.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-13.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-14.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-14.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 21
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-22.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-22.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 16
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-9.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-9.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-15.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-15.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 15
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-8.jpg
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-8.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
It could really be anything, actually, personally, I think it was a temple that was made for the Safe of the Forest to reside there, and when Ganondorf took over MUCH later, the temple wasn't as protected, so evil eventually somewhat banished the Sage from his or her own temple, allowing evil to be within the temple. I think each temple is like this, personally, where each one was built for the Sages to reside there and then when Ganondorf took over he was able to cast evil into each temple using his Tri-Force wish, forcing each of the sages out of their respected temples. Truthfully, it could be anything, but I think that's the answer.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Maybe the old sage of the Forest Temple lived there but was attacked by Ganon; not unlike what happens to Laruto and Fado in Wind Waker in the future.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My best theory at this is that long ago, some sages or just some people came to the Temple to pray to the goddesses. The main room could be the one with the 4 lamps and the elevator, where most of the rituals happened. But over time, it got abandoned, and it slowly started being inhabited by plants, and various other creatures.

This is an interesting observation but I don't understand a few things you've stated/photographed

What are these turrets? I clearly am suffering from snow-blindness, or that there are no turrets. What do you mean?

That cobweb photo with the skulltula is not recognizable to me. Nor are a good number of your photos. I have reasons for this.

1) I own the N64 version (1.1) so the only difference between that and V1.0 (the original OoT) is that it has fixed glitches. My point being, there is no spiderweb in the game I own in that outside room in the forest temple. I have no clue why they would add that. I'm not really certain if it's in Master Quest or not.

2) The icons in your other pictures don't appear to be from the original. Possibly a ROM/MOD? I'm not saying your pictures are fake/worthless, I'm just being a Leonard Nemoy about it xD. JK. But I'm throwing out the possibility that they can be fake.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I always thought that it was just an old, abandoned castle... It's my favorite dungeon because it's so mysterious and creepy, though. It's scarier than the Shadow Temple in my opinion. I'd like to let my imagination run away with me and say that it's the old abandoned original North Castle before the war mentioned in the game...

Q

quordlepleen

Umm people read it's name it's the Forest Temple. It was dedicated to the original sage of the forest.

To assess the fact that everything is covered with vines and organic stuff, and is partially destroyed. The temple was abandoned, it is that simple it's been overgrown and the elemts have taken their toll. I will also mention that when Ganondorlf's minions took controll of the temple they may not have been all that respectful of the history associated with the temple.

I cannot give a very logical explanation to why the layout of the temple is a bit conveoluted. But I theorize that when the temple was made it was made with the enthusiasm of a child, or the people who built it thought that it was possible that someone might try to get into the temple to assasinate the sage. Now if you don't think the latter was likely think of how hard it was for link to get to the "boss room". I think that in an emergency the sage would hide in that room while the guards (whom would have more troop than the amount of monsters Link found in the temple when he arrived) while the sage was sealed in the room untill the danger was passed.

I hope that my theory has given you all some insight on the Forest Temple.

MrLuigi

Theorist
This is an interesting observation but I don't understand a few things you've stated/photographed

What are these turrets? I clearly am suffering from snow-blindness, or that there are no turrets. What do you mean?

That cobweb photo with the skulltula is not recognizable to me. Nor are a good number of your photos. I have reasons for this.

1) I own the N64 version (1.1) so the only difference between that and V1.0 (the original OoT) is that it has fixed glitches. My point being, there is no spiderweb in the game I own in that outside room in the forest temple. I have no clue why they would add that. I'm not really certain if it's in Master Quest or not.

2) The icons in your other pictures don't appear to be from the original. Possibly a ROM/MOD? I'm not saying your pictures are fake/worthless, I'm just being a Leonard Nemoy about it xD. JK. But I'm throwing out the possibility that they can be fake.

Master Quest, and yes that is a texture mod.

You know those things that stick out of the castle walls? Those rectangles that archers use to take cover. They're called turrets. When I did the dungeon I was thrown off a bit. In the final room to open the boss door there is an eye switch above the frame of the door that's impossible to see without using UP:C.

Does that answer most fo your questions/Leonard Nemoy conspiracies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom